This week I finished up my visiting
teaching. I write and call earlier in
the month… but actually visiting, sometimes seems to come later in the month.
Last Tuesday Tom went to Andy and Kera's. It was on exchange. He gave them back their tile cutter, and they gave him back his power washer. He then power washed the house and the porch in the hopes that he could re-stain the porch decking before winter.
The kids were having fun in their tree, so he took some pictures. (Rebecca some of these are especially for you.)
Last Tuesday Tom went to Andy and Kera's. It was on exchange. He gave them back their tile cutter, and they gave him back his power washer. He then power washed the house and the porch in the hopes that he could re-stain the porch decking before winter.
The kids were having fun in their tree, so he took some pictures. (Rebecca some of these are especially for you.)
I spent some time researching
Swarthout Family Reunion sites. It’s
really hard to find the perfect site.
Some places have commercial kitchens… but not good lodging. Others have great lodging… but no play area. Some have great activities, but no good
central meeting place. Akk. What is most important? Do we want to have lots of places to go… or
do we want to spend more time doing things together? Feedback appreciated!
Our tubby cat, Murphy has adjusted
well to our house. We let them out of the barn during the day for a few days
and he timidly explored and stayed close to the house and barn. Last evening as
I went to feed them, Athena was sitting in the barn door. When I called, both
of them ran out to greet me. It’s nice being loved.
I’ve continued to help my friend
with her necklace making business. She has some gorgeous colors in necklaces
now. She’s looking to do some craft shows and also exploring places where the
necklaces can be sold on consignment. Any ideas are appreciated.
This was the week to get out the
HVAC newsletter. It actually went pretty quickly. I think maybe I’m getting
into a routine with it. I haven’t gotten revisions back yet, so maybe everyone
else liked it, too. I think I have a job ghost writing a book for my life
insurance agent and a booklet for my heat and air marketing guy. If so, that
will keep me busy through the end of the year.
Friday we drove through Branson for some shopping and then on to Jonathan’s and Kristy’s to celebrate Miriam’s birthday. It was fun to see all the children and have a chance to visit with everyone. Tom made himself useful fixing small things around the house and helping build another pig house.
We got to see their new pigs and new
dog. The pigs are quite friendly and hairy enough to pet. Being gone Friday
night meant we missed our ward’s Fall Festival, which apparently was quite
successful. We returned on Saturday to find cats and chickens had survived just
fine without us.
Sunday we had a very nice fast and
testimony meeting and a great Relief Society lesson on forgiveness.




No comments:
Post a Comment