Sunday, July 31, 2011

What am I doing? July 26th

I have this unsettling feeling.  I'm in a holding pattern. I'm enjoying what I'm doing, but I'm really not moving forward.  It seems to be taking most of the time just to exist.  After we came back from Jonathan's we kind of zonked the next day.  Tom had done a wonderful job taking care of the chickens.  They are only laying 2-3 eggs a day, but it's working out okay.  He also has been faithful in watering the trees, the flowers, the vegetable garden, and the berry bushes.  It's been HOT here, too.  And no rain to speak of.  A very dry month.

Tom finished painting Rebecca's house and we went to admire it.  We also went shopping one day and passed a sign for peaches.  So we drove a few miles out of our way and came home with about 35 lbs of peaches.  We laid them out to ripen. Friday we canned 7 quarts.   Callie was a big help putting the peach halves into the jars.  They looked BEAUTIFUL! It was my first time pressure canning fruit.  I learned. I should have allowed it to cool longer.  Some of the juice bubbled out.  We also made a batch of jam.  Ah.  These were lovely red skinned peaches and they made the most beautiful jam.  Then next day we made a double batch and some peach cobbler.  Then I froze the rest.

Saturday Tom went to the temple with the youth.  He was gone all day and the 11 youth who went had a very good time.  Sunday I had a frustrating day with my primary class.  The primary had a really impressive sharing time where they did a life sized game about the Pioneers.  But in class, my two... only two girls, mind you... had the attention span of a nano-second.  I kid you not.  I could NOT get any lesson taught.  I finally took one to her mother, and then I had a really good lesson with the other one.  And she's the one that's supposed to be ADHD.  It didn't do much for my ego that I had a hard time with a class of two.  I guess I need to be more prayerful.  The choir sang on Sunday, and that was fun. Rebecca gave a talk that was very good.

Rebecca and I have started walking.  We've been walking about a mile most mornings. It's been pretty muggy and we are damp by the time we get home.  But we feel very noble.

No comments:

Post a Comment