It is another dark, cloudy and gloomy day in Arkansas. But we did have a few days of bright sunshine, amidst the freezing night time temperatures that terminated the multitude of blossoms on my one peach tree that thought it was time to bloom.
Monday I was still at Miranda's and managed to complete a couple of home projects with them. With the boys in school, we took some time off to visit Andy's Frozen Custard on our way to Lowes. They were closed for President's Day, so we settled on Freddies; but their hot fudge sundae was not as tasty.
Tuesday I was up and gone early; Terminex wanted to inspect my house in the afternoon. I made a short stop at Deborah's and then continued on home. It always seems to take a couple of hours to get back into the 'I am home' routine and get organized for the rest of the week.
Wednesday I spent mostly at Rebecca's rent house; patching holes, purchasing needed supplies and making some minor repairs. This is also the day that Miranda texted to say that Alex suffered a concussion prior to going to school. He seems to be recovering satisfactory, but then came down with the flu.Nathan reached out to me and asked if he could spend the night prior to driving to Provo. He arrived late evening and stayed until Thursday morning. We had a short but enjoyable visit.
Thursday, after Nathan drove off, I ran some errands and then drove to Harrison. I had been invited by friends in that area; Sandy had done some book editing for the wife and he had been the bishop years ago. I was not sure what to expect, but I found myself one of six invited guests, (three men/three women) all of whom I found out later were single. We spent about two hours playing cards and have a good time together. After a slice of ice cream pie, I returned home to assist in blessing a ward member. Did not get home until 7:30pm. Had a quick dinner and made a lunch for Friday.
Was up early on Friday; it was ward temple day. We only had four of us go, so we drove my van. It was a good day to be in the temple and a lot of work was accomplished. Got home by 8 pm.
I had invited family to join me on Saturday for a work day; Miranda and Andy's families planned to come, but with sickness in Miranda's family, they were not able to come. Andy's family arrived by 10 am and set to work. There was the annual downed limbs to collect and burn, some small trees to clear so the tractor can navigate part of the forested area and some dead trees to remove. Those Fox children know how to work! They hustled to get the work done. At one time we had six different burn piles going. And we got everything cleaned up! Katie is getting quite proficient on the tractor. Matthew and Aaron headed off to Springfield for a youth dance, but were disappointed that their MO cousins were not there due to illness. And Katie spent the evening at a ward members home and learned how to cook curry. The rest of us ordered in pizza and then played a round of 5-Crowns and then Andy plus three returned home, leaving the older three.
Church was good (as always); I enjoy starting the day off with choir practice. After lunch the three remaining Foxes headed home.
This next week will keep me busy painting and flooring at Rebecca's house.
No comments:
Post a Comment