Sunday, February 16, 2020

On the road...again

Monday kept me busy. Haircut in the morning, then the grief support group at 1 pm, followed by a meeting with the realtor at one of our rental homes. Because it is a duplex, the most likely buyer would be an investor, so I was happy that both tenants want to remain in place. I offered to let them sign new one year leases to ensure stability, but don't know what they will do. Hope to have a contract at the end of the month.

Tuesday I spent six hours at Adam's rent house working on a new parking spot for the tenant. They have two cars and only one parking spot and there is no legal street parking. I had the large tree, adjacent the one parking spot, removed last month. So while we had a break in the rain, I needed to level the ground, install some 4 x 6 timbers and toss in some gravel. Shoveling one ton of gravel reminded me that I still have some muscles; they constantly reminded me all evening.

Wednesday we were back to rain again. Had my monthly maintenance chiropractor appointment first thing. Then I removed the headlights from the Model A and drove out to a friends in Yellville that is restoring a 1931 Model A. Part of the innards of my headlights were rusted and broken and in need of replacement. Tom was able to spot weld the new pieces in place for me. The original idea had been for me to drive the car to his place, but since it was raining, only the headlights went. Now I need to find some wire connectors and time to install everything.  One of Rebecca's tenants moved out; this is the house that was completely painted last spring, and new vinyl planking installed in the 36 by 8 foot laundry room, kitchen and dining room. Last fall the tenant ripped up over 50% of that floor because of a water leak; it doesn't make sense to me. But he did purchase tile and mortar sufficient to do the entire floor, so it was not a total lose. But, I will need to repaint most of the walls and trim again. The husband is an Army disabled vet and the wife works at one of the nursing homes. After seeing how they lived, I have my concerns about ever going to a nursing home!

Thursday I left early to drive to visit Miranda and family. Deborah is about 2.5 hours on the way, so I stopped to visit with her and Hailey before continuing on to Tulsa. With Dan's pending move to the Bentonville, AR area around summertime, they need to complete some work on their current home so they can put it on the market later this spring. About 200 square feet of masonite lap siding needed to be replace on the north side of the house. How do you paint the siding that is 16 feet long when it is raining?


Miranda demonstrates the indoor painting booth!

I didn't get a photo once we removed the old siding, but here it is one half way through.

And here is the finished product:
There were some other items that needed attention as well. Replace a broken window, replace a bath sink p-trap, repair a kitchen drawer glide.

Dan was released as elder's quorum president today. Good sacrament meeting talks. Excellent lesson in Sunday School about the need for the Atonement of Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment