Sunday, October 1, 2017

Self Reliance

This week focused around the Self-Reliance Initiative that the church is supporting.

Monday I went for an eye exam. I had also bought hamburger for our the Nauvoo trip. On Monday and Tuesday I cooked it up in 2.5 pound batches with taco seasoning, beans and corn for taco salad mix. I also spent time those days working on the Weiss promotion reports.

Tom's computer got a virus and so we sent it to the doctor's.  I'd been struggling with my computer not recognizing the wireless printer. Now, without Tom's, I couldn't print, or scan.  My old printer/copy/scan/fax was down to only faxing.  So I said, "enough!" and bought another all in one printer.

Tuesday night was a Relief Society activity. We had a dinner and a visiting teaching meeting. It was delightful to chat with friends.

I finally got the research for the reports that I needed on Tuesday afternoon.  This was not a lot of help as I left early Wednesday morning to drove with Tom to Oklahoma City for a trip to the temple and a meeting with other people involved in Self-Reliance.

Tom and I stopped to visit with Deborah on the way down.  We did some sealings in the temple on Wednesday night.  Then on Thursday we went to the temple and did a session with a variety of people around the region who were there for the self-reliance initiative.  It was fun to see people from our old stake.  I met Miranda's stake relief society president.  After the session we went out to lunch and were able to have a question and answer session about the self-reliance program. It's doing a wonderful job changing lives.

We drove back home that night, stopping for a short time at Miranda's to change clothes to more comfortable ones and to admire the baby.  We got home about 10 pm.

Friday night Tom and I went to a local production of the Adam's Family.  This was a new musical with lots of singing and dancing along the same theme as the traditional Adam's Family.  In this version, little Wednesday had grown up, found a boy and wants to bring him and his parents over to meet the family. It was quite funny with many clever lines.  Bill, Vela's husband was Festus. That was our impetus for going.

Saturday I finished my three reports and got them sent off. They were approved with only minor revisions and they are interested having me do more reports, so that's nice. Tom and I went to the Bridge Bash at the Big Springs Park under Cotter Bridge. It was in support of the food bank and we joined people in assembling 20,000 meals in one hour! Saturday evening was the Women's Session of General Conference. It was very good

Sunday was the Ash Flat Branch conference. It is struggling little branch but there are some amazingly strong leaders and powerful women there. We had stake council after the conference and I got home about 5pm. Thus, this letter did not get sent out last week.


No comments:

Post a Comment