Sunday, December 13, 2015

Temple trip

This was a great week!  We had all the Christmas decorations up by Monday afternoon. And then I worked on baking. We’d invited the Empty Nesters over for Family Home Evening (FHE) at our house that evening. I tried a new recipe of pizza swirls—kind of mini pizzas in a spiral shape. They looked attractive and were tasty and easy. (So I made them for Tom’s Bishop Youth Discussion (BYD) today-Sunday). I also made cream cheese ranch rollups with tortillas. Tom made fudge and wassail… then forgot to take out the fudge. Was it an accident?

We had a small group for FHE, but had a good time. We talked about the gifts we would give the Savior this year.

Tuesday morning I had my AWAI Mastermind group call. Most of the people in the group are still struggling to get their first job and I wonder if it’s worth continuing. But I always get something out of the meeting. In the afternoon I had a chiropractic appointment and then went and did a little shopping.

I finished my disposable pH reader website and wrote up notes on a possible technology of mine on an improved battery. I don’t know that it’s enough of a breakthrough technology to move forward with. In so many areas progress seems to be made daily. What’s new today may be outdated by next week.

Thursday Tom and I drove to the temple in St. Louis. It seemed an especially lovely time. Both Tom and I spent some time napping in the car so we were refreshed when we arrived. We did an evening session on Thursday and then went to Trader Joe’s and Five Guys for dinner. Friday we did two more sessions. We were the witness couple all three times which perhaps made it more meaningful. And we took family names and there’s a special spirit to getting our own ancestors’ work done.

On the drive home we stopped a Panera Bread Co. for a late lunch and Aldi’s for groceries. We got back home about 7pm—enough time to catch up on emails.

Saturday was balmy. Actually we’ve had great warm weather. Tom had spent much of the week at one of Rebecca’s houses where the tenant moved out. Tom said it looked like the dog had taken up cribbing on the window sills. (Cribbing is when horses nibble on stall doors and fences.) In the afternoon Tom finished weeding the garden. So it’s mostly put to bed for the winter.

The primary was having a “primary store.” People donated gently used goods for kids to “buy” as gifts for their parents and siblings. Deborah drove over so her kids could partake. Then she stayed for lunch and some grandma-grandkid games. Little Hailey is growing and looking adorable. Of course all her kids are cute.


Today was a sweet day at church. I love to start the morning with choir practice. Then we had a good sacrament meeting. I went to family history and think perhaps I’ve finally found a link to with someone on the Donop side and work that may have been done. Tom had BYD after church. It’s rainy and gloomy outside and we are delighted to feel snug and warm inside with twinkly Christmas lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment