I got a new subscriber to my HVAC newsletter and worked on adapting the spring issue to his needs.At times I feel like I am in a holding pattern-- waiting for other people to act on things so I can. I think the second life insurance book will move forward... if both parties agree on the wording of the agreement. I was awaiting a new offer for the most recent renewal email series I've been working on since November... Just got it on Friday.
I decided to write a book on retention and renewals since I had time and I needed to market myself more. I have over 3000 words written on that. It's a good start.
I called and sent letters and tried to visit some of my visiting teaching sisters. No... I didn't wait until the last of the month. I'd been calling and visiting throughout the month as well. It's just with the snowy weather I wanted to make sure they were okay.
Thursday Tom and I went to an estate planning seminar given by Randall Drake. It was a good review and a good reminder that everyone needs to plan for their health care and their family and money care in case of death or incapacitation. There are some things we need to update. In the evening I went to the Relief Society activity. It was fun just to sit and visit with my friends. The refreshments was a Chocolate theme... what's not to like about that. Tom kindly made fudge for me to take. It was a hit!
Winter came late this year, but it's coming now with enthusiasm. We stayed below freezing for most of the week. So while we had some thaw from last week's storms, we still had snow on the ground when it began falling again on Friday night.
About 10:30 Friday, after Tom and I finished a movie, we went outside and swept the snow from a good part of the driveway. By Saturday morning you could not see where we'd swept. All this drive was cleared the night before.
and where we hadn't. Then all day Saturday we had this wonderful gentle snowfall. It was so beautiful to watch. You can see the snow falling in front of the tree house.
When we checked the church, some good Samaritan had plowed the parking lot. The 1st counselor was there cleaning the sidewalks, so Tom joined him in cleaning walks while I went inside and practiced the piano... well ... dinked on the piano. We stopped and shopped a little, then Tom rewarded me for braving the snow by taking me to dinner at a nice little Italian place.
Saturday night the snow turned to sleet and freezing rain. In the morning, the snow had a sheen of ice and where we'd cleared the driveway looked like a skating rink.
Tom said it felt like that, too. So church was canceled. By noon the temperature had warmed up and much of the ice was gone. By late afternoon, even the snow on the fields and lawn is down to a thin layer of white.
Tom and I have had a very lazy Sunday reading, writing, and snoozing in front of the fireplace.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment