We’ve had warm weather this week. The crocuses are blooming
and we even have a few daffodils showing their yellow heads. Our peach tree is
starting to green. Silly tree. Doesn’t it know that we’ll have another cold
snap and all its blossoms with die off?
It does this every year. The pear tree is much wiser. It waits until the
frost chances are over before blossoming out.
Tuesday I drove to Ava for their Relief Society Birthday
celebration and spoke to them on the Oil in Your Lamp program and ways to receive
inspiration and revelation. Then
Wednesday I took a sister to a Dr. appointment. While she was there I visited a
sister in the nursing home. Then in the afternoon we went visiting teaching.
Thursday we worked a little in the morning. Adam’s house
went vacant and there was a problem in the bathroom floor. It turned out the
toilet had been leaking and damaged the floor. So Tom cut away the bad parts
and patched it and then put down vinyl planking.
In the afternoon we drove to St. Louis to go to the temple. Our
plan was to do one session Thursday evening and two on Friday and then come
home. We stopped at Trader Joe’s, checked into the hotel, had dinner and headed
to the temple. Hmmm. The parking lot was nearly empty. Ugh! They were closed for cleaning? How did we not know that?
It must have been inspiration that had me put in the HMDI
cord—so we could watch Netflix on the TV from the computer. Thursday, we
thought about sightseeing in St. Louis, but it was a drizzly day. So we drove
home a by a scenic route. We went through little towns, stopped at a used furniture
store, and a little place for lunch and got home about 3pm.
We had been wanting to do in Roger Jr. and Roger III. The
roosters were wearing out our hens. But we had to be home in the evening, after
they went in to roost. So Friday night we did the deed. We killed, plucked, and
eviscerated them. I pressure cooked one that night. The other went into the
frig. With older chickens, you need to pressure cook them to get them tender.
Saturday Tom went back to Adam’s house to continue the
project. I drove to Mountain View—about 1 hr. 30 min. to go to their Relief
Society Celebration and speak. We really have lovely ladies in our stake. They
are genuine and down-to-earth.
The next day was to be Ward Conference. So Tom—who had been
mulling over his talk for weeks—finally had to sit down and put it on paper. He
was also kind enough to make brownies that I was supposed to bring for the
lunch. I worked on my training and read the RS lesson. My first counselor was
to give the lesson… but with all the rain, she was concerned she might not be
able to cross her low-water bridges from house to road.
My secretary asked if she could spend the night, since they
live 1.5 hours away. So I invited her and her daughter for dinner… which meant
I had to cook. We did have a delightful visit. And we worked on dividing up the
invitations I’d picked up on Friday. They were invitations that needed to go to
the wards and branches in the stake announcing our stake relief society spring
event.
I also wanted to make journals of Miracles, Blessings, and Tender Mercies for each sister. So while
my secretary divided and sorted, I glued different fabrics onto composition
books and glued the invitation onto the front of them. One of the sisters in
our ward is an artist and a graphic designer and she created the invitations. They
are bright and cheerful.
Here is a sample of the front of the invitation glued onto a journal.
Today went well. Tom spoke about family history and
hastening the work. The choir sang the song that has been in my head for weeks.
The RS lesson was great—my counselor was able to get out. We had a nice lunch
and went to visit afterwards. We saw two sisters I hadn’t seen for a while and
had nice visits.
And now I’m home writing letters and blogs. Here was the view from our living room window into the front yard. If you look closely, you can see three deer in our yard.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment