Somehow, in all the fun of last weekend, you didn’t get an
update.
The week of Tom’s surgery and recover was pretty low
key. He slept a lot, rested a lot, and
generally moved pretty slowly. He didn’t
have a lot of pain and was off pain meds by Thursday.
He was diligent because he really wanted to go and visit the
kids and grandkids over the Memorial Day weekend. We thought he might need to go to church in
his stylish blue scrubs, but he managed to get into suit pants…although not
buttoned on top.
He thought he might just go in for his early morning
meetings and Sacrament meeting, but he stayed the whole time. By the end of the
block of meetings, he looked a little gray.
He came home, ate, napped, and we headed to Russellville to
see Kera and Andy and kids and Miranda and Dan and kids. He napped on the way. We’d both looked at Google maps and kind of
knew the way. But neither of us printed
it out. And the GPS didn’t agree with us.
So maybe we went a bit out of our way. We found some really narrow winding roads and
stopped once to ask directions. Umm. And
we went home a different way. But we arrived about 6:30 and enjoyed a tasty
dinner.
David McClellan had gotten an RV and Andy had borrowed the
neighbor’s RV. So there were two. The kids might have slept outside, but it was
raining when we got there. Chandra’s Mom
and brothers had also come down to see the grandchildren. So after dinner the oldest 4 went off to
their hotel to sleep. The next day they
went to a fun park and boating, so we didn’t see a lot of them.
Tom was pretty tired.
He found a hammock and sacked out for the morning. Rested and played some card games, then
zonked for an afternoon nap. Miranda
said, “Dad, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you do nothing for so long!”
Miranda and Dan left late Monday afternoon. We’d thought about staying over until
Tuesday, but then learned everyone would head out about 8 or 9 am. We figured we’d be more of a hindrance than a
help for them to leave on time. And the
lure of our comfortable bed called. So
we left about 7pm and drove the 3 hours home.
It was fun to play with grandchildren, walk them to the
bathroom, read them stories, and visit and play card games with the adults. We
were on Lake Dardanelle and it was lovely! Again, it rained on and off on
Monday as well.
Kera and Andy brought up the fabric covering of their metal
chair. It matched our metal rocker with
old worn out covering. We changed them
out and now our chair looks almost brand new.
Thank you Andy and Kera!
Tom went to his follow up appointment on Thursday and they
pronounced him healthy and released him. The nurse was impressed with how well
he walked into the office. I guess some
guys really gimp in. He’s feeling
better. He mowed the yard on Friday, and
while he was tired, he wasn’t sore.
Saturday we went to see Percy Jackson and the Sea Monsters…
or whatever the name of the second Percy Jackson movie is. It was pretty good. We wanted to see the first one first, but
Netflix didn’t have it. Hastings didn’t have it. We called Rebecca to whine. She gave us her Amazon Prime number and we
were able to access it there. HOWEVER…
it was for a tablet sized screen. If we
tried to enlarge it, the system crashed. (Don’t ask us how many times we tried
before we figured it out.) It was kind
of nice to see the second movie on the BIG screen.
Not a lot else going on.
Tom and I continue to take this options trading course. I’m continuing my copywriting jobs. I’m teaching institute (Wed) and the teacher
development course (Sun.) and I was asked to substitute teach for Relief
Society as well today. So it was a bit busy.
And tonight we have the CES broadcast.
I told the young single adults I’d bring the ice cream sundae fixings.
Oh, in an effort to find a good use for all the peppers that
were coming ripe, I searched for and found a Harry and David sweet and hot
pepper relish clone recipe. We tried it
last night, and both Tom and I pronounce it delicious. I had to trade the promise of a jar to Wendy
to get the jalapeño peppers for it. Well
worth it! We will have to make more!
Tom did a great job of chopping all the hot peppers. He says next time he will not touch his face for 24 hours after chopping the peppers. Ouchy eyes and hot lips!
My chickens are laying about 10-11 eggs per day. It’s fun.
Wendy sold them at the farmers market this week. I think it might pay for the chicken
feed. We get the joy of watching them
for free.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Wow, I'm impressed with your industriousness! And I think I need your H&D clone recipe.... or maybe a jar or two of that for Christmas? What a great find!
ReplyDelete