His challenge is how do you know when you have done too
much? The doctor said it was okay to
ease back into normal life and that he would know when he over extended
himself. Well, he is finding out that he
doesn’t know until the next day if he did too much, and by then it is too
late! Do you hear the gnashing of teeth
in the back ground?
Our garden has slowed down. We are getting a few cucumbers
and some cherry tomatoes. I’ve dried
some green onions and some basil. It
just occurred to me that I could dry some oregano, as I use dried oregano a
fair amount. I keep debating about
leaving the beans on the plant to get seed for next year… then I see a few good
beans and pick them.
I completed my heating and cooling newsletters for the
quarter. I keep thinking I should be
ambitious and approach local HVAC companies about using the newsletter to
create customer loyalty and advertise. I
have two books outlined for Infinite Banking—or dividend paying whole life
insurance. One I will write jointly with
another person. So I have WORK to do.
Thursday Tom and I celebrated our 43rd anniversary.
We went to Bull Shoals for lunch and then went to the fair. I had thought about entering things into the
fair, and decided I just didn’t have time to do it correctly. But we enjoyed walking around the fair. We ran into friends and business owners we’ve
done business with in the past… but may not see that often. I saw a company that did web design and we
got to talking. I may get some
copywriting work from them. So that was
encouraging.
Friday I did some visiting teaching. I actually have three companions. So in a way, it makes it easy. If one can’t
go with me, I take another. And this
time, one of my companions needed to visit someone else, so I went with
her. I am continually surprised at how
welcoming the less actives have been to us.
One sister had been a “do not contact”
and we visited a month or so ago.
She doesn’t like vegetables, but her husband does. So when I had an abundance of cucumbers, I’d
call and drop some off. We visited
briefly most of those times. This time, Tom
and I brought over some cherry tomatoes.
Her husband (who may be the reason she isn’t coming to church) invited
us into the house and we had a lovely visit.
He was a pilot and had lived in Africa, so we found a good deal in
common. We are becoming friends.
Tom and I are taking a series of options classes. Puts, calls, delta, theta, vega, “buy to open,
sell to close.” Wow. It’s a whole new
world. I hope it will become a
profitable one.
We had stinking hot weather and no rain for the past several
weeks. Finally we got some rain and
cooler weather in the low 80’s. Suddenly
the night temperatures are dropping into the low 50’s. Are we going from summer to winter? Probably not.
But it certainly feels cooler.
The chickens are doing a good job of laying eggs. Our friends have been selling them at the
farmer’s market. I figure at this rate,
we’ll pay for the taj-ma-cluck in about 3 years! But we do enjoy watching the “ladies.”
No comments:
Post a Comment