I’m late! I admit
it. And I have few excuses. Worse yet… now I can’t remember anything very
exciting about the past week.
Monday I spent some time working on my info-marketing
course. That evening we went to the
Empty Nesters Family Home Evening at Janet Hohn’s house. We had hot dogs around the campfire and
s’mores and had a great time. Visited
with her dogs.
Tuesday I made applesauce.
Tom brought home 40 pounds of apples from the orchard on the way back
from the temple. It’s been a while since
I’ve made applesauce. We dug out the
Victoria Strainer and the pressure cookers and got started. Tom was busy fixing up the North College
rental—painting and such—so I was mostly on my own. But we managed to make 17 bottles. Most of the time I remembered to add some
cinnamon. I didn’t add sugar. I figured people could add that at the table
if they felt the need.
Wednesday we voted on the Dump bond issue. It was early voting, but we wanted to make
our wishes on the tax increase and increased liability known. Yesterday was the special election day and it
was soundly defeated! My friend Leslie
wrote on her facebook: “Today’s the day
to go to the polls to vote against the land fill tax. If you’re voting in favor, vote November 2.
Wink wink.” I thought that was
cute. Might be the reason it failed 4 to
1. The others were waiting to vote
later.
Wednesday I also went and had fun with Marion and clay. I really didn’t have time to do this, but I
need to be involved in maintaining friendships and in being creative in
clay. So I went and made two dishes. It’s so fun to be creative. “How do you want the sides?” “Let’s make them about “this” high.” Or “I think I’ll make a braid for the sides.” And when things are not quite perfect…that’s
part of the artistry.
Wednesday afternoon I helped Barb a bit with her book
shelves. Tom had already helped some
with building them. In the later
afternoon, the church youth came over for an activity. Hotdogs, chips, stories, games, a hay ride
(pulled by the truck since the tractor konked the day before.) I stayed for the tasty food (HUGE hotdog!)
then heard the merriment as I worked on a few things inside.
Thursday we packed for our trip to Mom’s. We had a friend drive us to the airport and
keep the car so we saved some on parking
fees. It was a fun dive and I learned a
lot more about Dave than I knew before.
The flight was uneventful—the best kind—and we arrived at Mom’s by 9pm.
We’ve had a nice time here. Don’t remember what happened on
Friday. Saturday and Sunday we watched
General Conference. How fantastic is
that! Wow! Such great speakers. Exciting news that missionaries can now serve
at 18 for boys and 19 for girls. Likely
there will be a dip in BYU class sizes for the next year.
Sunday Sally, Steve, Lisa & Russ, Cynthia & Randy came down for the last sessions of General Conference. Then Cynthia and Jim came over and we celebrated Sally’s birthday a few days early. Such fun company!
Celebrating new Baby Jude, Cynthia and Randy's little one.
No comments:
Post a Comment