Sunday, September 9, 2012

Back Home


It’s been a good week.

Monday we tried to get back into the groove of home life.  I got some writing done.  Barefoot Writer’s accepted my photo and wanted an article to go with it.  So I worked on that through the week.  I also tried to work on my website.  I’d neglected it for quite a while over the summer.  Some of the links were down as the fashions I’d put up were discontinued. 

I had one of my St. Louis properties receive an offer.   That’s been off and on as they didn’t like the condition of the downstairs unit. Roaches.  Lot of them.   Sigh. How can someone live like that?  Also, she wet mopped all the laminate floors… so they curled from the moisture and will have to be replaced.  Offered to fix or lower the price.  They said, how about both?  We said:  No.  So I think we’ll be fixing and/or looking for another buyer.

I have been working more with elance.  I submitted my profile to be checked, (through the course I’m taking on it.)  And they liked it with just a few suggestions.  So I got brave and on  Tuesday I applied for some jobs.   And by Saturday I had two jobs!  I was astonished.  I heard you had to bid on like 15-20 jobs before you got one.  And they said you had to start with cheap jobs.  I just couldn’t bring myself to do the $5/article jobs.  So I bid on ones at $18-20/hr.  It was exciting to be accepted.

This week was the week my report was due for seminary.  I’ve learned the new WISE program and have helped some of my teachers put their attendance in.  I’ve called… and called… to get the last bits of information.  This is the first report. I hope we will work some of the bugs out and get the teachers into a routine so it goes more smoothly next month.

Saturday we took Randall and Lori Drake to Silver Dollar City.  We had some free passes and wanted to use them.  We had a really enjoyable time.  We didn’t even mind standing in line, since we got to chat as we stood.  As we left, we stopped at Andy’s Frozen Yoghurt.  Ahhh!  So Good!

We had been continuing with unseasonably hot weather.  Then we finally got some rain this week and on Saturday, when we went to SDC it was a lovely 78!  The beans are liking it, too!  The beans have started producing more than we can use.  We’ve given away several bags.  I suppose I should be diligent and freeze them.

Next week is the fair.  Each year I say I’ll enter things.  Then I get busy and don’t.  So I decided to put it on my calendar and gathered stuff.  I decided to enter some photographs from Kenya and our trip to Switzerland.  Sunday I took them over.  Fair starts next Wednesday.

Next week Tom is taking me to celebrate our 42 wedding anniversary.  We will go spend a night or two in Eureka Springs at the same bed and breakfast we visited when we first moved here and went for our 25th anniversary.

I guess that’s all the news.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. Congratulations on getting those jobs!!

    And, congratulations on 42 years of marriage. Sorry, but you don't look old enough to be married that long. I'm sure you don't look old enough to have kids my age either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for getting those jobs on elance. And Good luck on your Fair entries. I can't wait to hear how they turned out.

    And after doing the math on how long you have lived in Arkansas, I realized that I have now been a "civilian" longer than I have been a military brat! Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete