Monday I got in a good day’s work. I completed my 401k auto responders package
and sent it off. I also got the
documentation for my checkbook IRA and spend dizzying hours reading all the
legal print. Argh Matie! It’s enough to
send you over the brink!
Our favorite property manager in St. Louis has left for
greener pastures. Clay was a really good
guy. He went out of his way to help both
the tenants and the landlords. We will
seriously miss him. We had already
decided to put one property up for sale. It was in a “transitional”
neighborhood when we bought it, but things shifted… unfortunately for us… the
wrong way. Now we’re thinking we may
just sell them both. I love the architecture
of the area, but not the upkeep.
The lovely weather has pulled us outside. I’m trying to be a
better gardener than in the past. I’ve
weeded and watered. I’ve sprayed the roses
suffering from black spot and fed them. I should have started the spraying
schedule weeks earlier… but. Tom tackled
the fire blight on our young pear tree and he’s been faithfully watering all
the new trees. I need to deal with the caterpillars
on the grape leaves and nip in the bud the crawlers on the broccoli. The warmer weather has induced many of our
plants to grow. I’ve been able to pluck
lettuce, spinach, onions, and we feasted on asparagus earlier in the year. The peach and pear trees have a few infant
fruits and the grapes and blackberries are festooned with blooms and new
berries.
Thursday I went in the van to the St. Louis temple. It was a great trip. I will miss that temple as we transition to
the Kansas City temple. It’s always fun to ride with others and chat on the way
up and back. And the sessions were peaceful.
I’ve decided I need to do a better job of arranging to take my own
family names. There is a sweet spirit
when you do that.
While I have more copywriting work coming, I decided it was
time for me to venture out. I’ve been learning about joint ventures or
affiliate marketing. So I approached two
people. One to add value to my
TeenStyleU website and another to promote Thieves as mold remediation for my
Young Living business. I had contacted
the Thieves people last year with no response.
This time, I decided to write the letter like sales copy—what are the
benefits to them. I got a response
within a day! It was guarded, but a
starting point. I think we will be able
to work together. It was empowering to
have both respond and both seeing the value to them of working with me. I LIKE this stuff!
I have been working on Seminary graduation. I have to plan speakers, music, walking in,
refreshments, and printed programs. Eeek. This has never been my strong point. Today one of the speakers canceled with the
excuse he’s moving to Arizona before graduation. Hmm. I guess it’s valid. As I was thinking this morning, I know the
church is true. A lot of things can go
wrong and get messed up and everything still works out okay. I hope I can avoid the messing up part… and
get the “working out okay” part.
Kathy and Steve came to visit for the weekend! We are so delighted to see them. It’s just nice to be able to relax and
visit. I did inherit a nice family.
Our youth have been working for months learning dances for
the Cultural Celebration to take place Saturday night before the Sunday
dedication of the Kansas City Temple. It’s
involved a lot of work and a tremendous amount of coordination! Tom has been close to much of it. Toward the end, the kids and leaders were all
tired. They went up Friday night for a
fireside and spent all day Saturday rehearsing before the evening performance.
We went to the ward building to see the Cultural Celebration. Wow! A
grand production. You could tell a lot
of work had gone into the theme, the dances, and the singing and musical
performances. Getting 3000 youth
together in one arena is amazing. I
loved the prophet’s blessing on them. I
enjoyed the toe-tapping music.
Today was the temple dedication. What a spiritual event. It was a reminder of the full circle of the
church in this area—from being driven out, to being welcomed back. Both the Kansas and Missouri governors toured
the temple and presented declarations of commendation to the church for the
lovely temple. I’m grateful we were able
to attend—even from a distance.
And that’s our week and I’m sticking to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment