Thursday, June 16, 2011

The invasion of the dust bunnies

 
We came back to Arkansas June 7th.  We had a good ride with Camden and he was really very good while we babysat him.  Of course, my top priority was to be available when Camden needed me, so I wasn't stressed about having to do stuff and being interrupted by a little one.  Ah, the sweet feeling of a small boy cuddling!  I had a fun time.  The house on the other hand....

I've decided that when you have little children you can have a clean house or happy children-- but not both.  Soon we had toys scattered in the kitchen the living room, the office.

In the mean time, Tom was busy working on the down stairs "suite".  The former garage had paneling and a room we'd put in for food storage.  They had been emptied...er.. mostly.  And the paneling removed.  Now Tom was deepening the studs on the walls to 4 inches so we could have foam blown in on all the -- now exposed--exterior walls.  He also wired some wall sconces and some more outlets.  Thursday the insulation guys came.

Friday Dan and Miranda came.  Dad put Dan to work and they installed the dry wall.

  They got it 98% up before Dan and Miranda left Sunday afternoon. Saturday afternoon we took time off and visited Vela to go over tax things. Sunday Tom and I spoke in church.  It was fun to remember wonderful people and experiences.  I talked about "bring the work His Truth" and how knowing the truth blesses and changes lives. Tom also spoke about how the gospel changes lives.  This was also the Sunday I was called to teach the 4 year olds in Primary.  Talk about culture shock! These little kids are SO precious and adorable.  But they have an attention span of a gnat.  I can't say I felt totally successful as I taught this week.  But it was great to be busy serving the Lord.

We grabbed a photo of Miranda and Dan before they left for home.

Stuff. Stuff.  Stuff!  I feel disgruntled because everywhere I look there is stuff that needs something done with it.  We have things from Kenya that need a home.  We have boxes of stuff from the garage that need a place. And we have TONS of stuff from the food storage closet siting in the den and kitchen downstairs looking like a dump.  My goal is that every time I go into a room, I try to find a home for 5 things.  We are making progress.  The living room looks acceptable and the bathroom. Our bedroom is nearly there...except that the dust bunnies are multiplying... and why bother to clean when it's still such a mess?  I suppose I must do it anyway.  Tomorrow.  Or not.

This is the week for teeth cleaning.  Victory!  No cavities, Ma!  We were blessed that even going 2 years between cleanings and check-ups, our teeth were still in good condition.

1 comment:

  1. Heh heh heh.... good thing you have a reason to get the work done soon!

    ReplyDelete