I love my Hubby! He is the best man! We have been working on remodeling the downstairs room. And it's looking great! He really has wanted to get that done as we really don't want a mess here when Rebecca and Dan come... okay. Maybe they'll bring their own mess. But we wanted THIS one cleaned up.
However, on Sunday the Scout leader asked if Tom could help with scout camp. It was local and they had a LOT of adult help with the merit badges. So he went on Monday and Tuesday mornings to help with the pioneering merit badge. Friday we went to a funeral. Saturday he went to help install a ramp to the front porch of a widow. So even though he has his own project, he stopped it to serve others. On the other hand, we are now to the point that we need to put up trim pieces. So Tom called and a member is loaning him not only the miter saw-- that he asked for, but also volunteered a nail gun to put up the baseboard and the door molding. and he gave him instruction to staple the door molding to the frame... and then nail it to the wall. Tom said, "Are you trying to make me more professional?" His contractor friend immediately said, "Yes."
This week we finished mudding the dry wall seams. We had a friend come and texture the ceiling. We primed and painted. It looks good. We put a rubber baseboard in the food storage room and put the some of the shelves back in. Next we need to paint baseboard and install it. We need to return the food storage to its appropriate place and inventory it.
I have been working on putting my blog from our mission into a book. It has been a learning curve. Grrr. I need to have more joy in the journey. It is fun to recall the events of our mission. I'm adding some names that
I left out. Putting in a few more pictures... adjusting the type size.. rearranging the way the photos are laid out... The problem is that in the beginning, I used low resolution pictures. So I come across a picture I want to use on a spread... and Blog tells me it won't work. Sigh. So I'm about a quarter of the way through the book. This week I got a message: "Can't load the book. Back up is corrupted." NOOOOO! But I emailed Blogger and they sent a message back and now it's working and I didn't lose data. Yes!
Friday night we had a couples fireside talking about marriage enrichment. This was on communications and it was very good. We were pretty tired from working on the house and perhaps not quite as attentive as we might have been.
We've been having rain. Our garden is a riot... of weeds. We've carved out a spot for 8 tomato plants and 4 bell pepper plants. We hope to regain a bit more ground and put in some more vegetables. We do have peaches on our young tree, and pears on another. I actually ate a blue berry or two. And we have grapes on the grapevines and blackberries loaded on their vines. Ah, we are blessed.
Today I survived my second week of teaching 4 year olds. I wonder if there can be a spiritual lesson taught about jumping off chairs. They may not be very obedient, but they are full of love for me and that's nice.
Hope you have a happy week. It's always nice to hear how you all are doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment