Sunday, March 28, 2021

The Great Fox Adventure Continue

 It is Saturday evening and I have just installed  six handles in the girls upstairs bathroom; I am in another bathroom installing another six handles when Piper announces the toilet in the girls bathroom is leaking. How can that be? I was just in there and there was no water on the floor. The water was in front of the sink, so I assumed someone had done a poor job of washing hands. But 30 minutes later Piper stated the floor was wet again. Adam determined the leak was from the toilet tank. Noting the volume of leakage, we determined that a trip to Lowe's was required. An hour later we are installing a new tank gasket and washers to the bolts. After a few set backs, the toilet is once again fully operational and it is time for bed.

This story illustrates the way my week has been. Wednesday, Fox Dentistry was able to fit me in for a cleaning. Rachel is very thorough, maybe too much so. In the process of cleaning, one of my crowns popped off.  Adam had time to prep the tooth and reattach it. At one point he pushed it into place and had me bite on a stick to help get it into place. Unfortunately, either I bit too hard, or the crown was too thin - it broke. Adam did have time to get a scan of the crownless tooth so his amazing 'I can make instant crowns' machine could do its thing. By now all the office personnel have gone home except Jessica, who had to take time off to pick up her two children and bring them back to the office. In her absence, Adam was able to fill a small cavity. Since the tooth was not sensitive to being bare, Adam did not install a temporary crown. 

Thursday morning there was an opening for me to get the new crown installed and now all is well. Then Denali, Carter and I headed off  to Grover's electric and plumbing store to spend some money. Found some lights for my new kitchen. Next on the list was to visit Harry and David's; it is sad that the only store still open is in Medford. Hence the need to stock up on a couple needed items. I am especially saddened that they are no longer making triple thick chocolate malt balls! After lunch, the four older children and I headed off to a local park with a lot of interesting play equipment. They had a lot of fun playing there and then cleaning up broken glass along a nearby creek.



Between Friday and Saturday Adam and I, either together or separately, got several chores done. I even was able to enlist the help of three young Foxes to wash my van. They were very eager and surprisingly there were no water fights. One of my favorite things is to read books to the three younger children.  They have some very cute books.

Today I was able to join the family for sacrament meetings. I am continually amazed at the  size of some of the young men that pass the sacrament. Or should I say the lack of height?  But while they may not be very tall, they are dedicated and very capable. They actually have some classes after sacrament, so I was able to spend about 45 minutes with the 2 year old all to myself. She enjoys talking and I am getting better at understanding her.

Denali has put her cooking abilities to good use, somewhat to the detriment of my waistline. She has prepared a hot breakfast almost every morning:  chocolate chip muffins, biscuits, cinnamon cake, and blue berry muffins. She cooked dinner at least twice to include a delicious curry and cajun chicken pasta.

And this is Lisa eating breakfast and she is enjoying a good hair day!:



No comments:

Post a Comment