Sunday, September 20, 2020

Life Goes on in Arkansas


 After running on Monday morning, it was back to the bathroom. Miranda drove down and helped grout the tug surround. Rachel and Hailey enjoy playing together, and Hailey misses her cousin when she leaves. Tuesday Deborah mapped out the tile placement for the floor so that the pattern would be repetitive. I was able to get the floor tiles installed in time for dinner.

Wednesday was more of a relaxing day with no major tasks to accomplish. After my run, I was able to do a lot of the small things, like touching up paint, attaching the bath door, installing door trim. Nice not to feel the pressure. Thursday I cut tile for the baseboard and installed it; then grouted the floor; this was more messy than the tub, but the job got accomplished.  I installed the new toilet and finished all the associated tasks so that I could get on the road by noon. The rest of the work is Ian's. He will build a vanity (the space is not a normal size), the plumber will make the final tub connections and such.





Sam's is just around the corner from from Deborah's so I stopped to stock up on non perishables. Then it was onto Miranda's, 30 miles north. Since it was lunch time, and there is a Five Guys on the way, I satiated the need for one of their yummy burgers.

Dan finished work early enough, that we were able to get several sheets of drywall installed in time for dinner. Since the roof is gambrel shaped, it was a bit of a challenge cutting and installing the drywall.

Friday I drove to the local park to run; everything around their house has too many hills and narrow roads. It was a beautiful and cool morning and I had a good run. Miranda stopped there after dropping the boys off for school and was strolling Rachel around, so we jogged together a bit. Then home to finish installing the drywall and taping and mudding.

Saturday was spent on the shed; Dan installed some cedar strip paneling on the back wall while I mudded and sanded the drywall joints. We also jacked up the back end of the shed another six inches to get the floor level. Also replaced some damaged vinyl siding on the house. Then time to clean up and pack my tools.

                                                    



I plan to head home (finally) after home church this afternoon. Teaching seminary requires a better internet continuity than they have here. And there are things waiting for me to do this week. And Susan and Steve will be coming mid week for a visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment