It's hard to believe that Monday the 16th was the day I was to start chemotherapy. I actually felt a little sick to my stomach that day, and it would have been a horrible day to begin. With each passing day I am more grateful that I chose to go natural remedies. I feel like I'm doing better and better. On Wednesday we went to Richards for a healing, and I felt the energy flowing through me. I thought about the sacred blessings of health contained in some of the temple ordinances and claimed them for my own. I trust God will make them manifest in me at this point.
The weather finally seems to be moving away from the frostbite stage. Tuesday I finished trimming the grapevines. Poor things are oozing sap. I hope I didn't kill them off. I seem to have a knack for trimming out of season and shocking the plants. Thursday I fertilized the blueberries and rose bushes. Saturday we planted more summer season plants: Tomatoes, peppers, zucchini and cucumbers. Tom mowed the lawn for the first time and I spent about two hours weeding around just two of our seven blueberry plants. I figure they need better access to nutrients and should have to fight it out with the lawn.
Friday Tom helped drive the van to the temple. He had an enjoyable time visiting with folks on the ride up and back. I need more individualized pit stops, so right now the van is not a good choice for me. I did have a 40 minute free consultation with a cryptotax company. He was very informative and we had a good talk. It turns out I was right, I could not use like- kind exchanges in 2017. The ruling says it only applies to real estate. So I'm glad I paid taxes on my crypto sales... even if it was to buy another crypto token. I also learned some of the shortfalls with Coin Tracking and their tax information. Next year I'll pay to go with these guys for this part of my taxes. After all... how do you figure out taxes on a "fork" or a "drop"? I surely don't know.
The cows have decided to become escape artists. I'm so done with this!!! Miranda and Dan were here on Monday and helped chase them back in. Wednesday we had a knock on our door at about 6:15. It was the sheriff letting us know one of our cows was on the road, but when he opened the gate to come in, she did, too. So at least we didn't have to chase her down the street. We talked about putting up electric fencing, and Anthony had said he was available to help... but Tom was busy with other things.
Saturday we were off to a baptism, and the neighbor knocked on our door. Bessie, the small cow, had gone through the fence to the yard in front.. near Old Tracy Rd. We didn't have time to deal with it, so we called Anthony to get her back in. Unfortunately, he didn't do anything to insure she stayed in. We came back from the baptism to find a cow in the chicken run, one in the garden, and two eating the chicken scratch in the trashcan in our back yard! I was so angry! We'd put them in, and a few minutes later, they were right back out again. They'd jumped over some of the chain link fencing and stretched it out, so it was lower and easier to get over.
So we changed clothes and pulled out the electric fencing. We strung it around the garden and chicken coop, the play area, and then down the east/west fence to the Douglas property. Unfortunately with all that work... it still didn't work perfectly... at all? Anthony came over to help a bit in the evening. Actually, as we worked tightening the fence and stringing the wire, we put Bessy back in the pasture... and the next thing we knew, she was out again. We texted Anthony and said, "we can't fix fence and round up cows." He responded, "I agree, that's asking a lot." Nevertheless, it was a good 45 minutes before he came out to get Bessie back in. In the mean time, the neighbor came by to let us know... again... that Bessie was in his yard. And finally started to loosen our recently tightened fence to help her get back through. I was really fuming the whole time. Wondering why we were busting our tails to fix fence and he had other pressing things to do. To his credit, he had told Tom he'd be available Thurs, Fri, and Sat to help with the fence, but Tom had not asked for his help. So I was a bit grumpy at Tom as well.
My neighbor, Barb, says I never get angry. So Tom called her over so she could see what a Mad Sandy looked like. Not a pretty sight.
On the plus side, I guess my health and strength was sufficient to work outside for 4 hours. When the cows went into the garden, they managed to uproot every squash plant. So before we quit, we had to go back and replant them and water them. Then it rained during the night and on Sunday they looked happy.
Fortunately, I was over my miff, and happier as well. Although I did send a letter to Anthony saying I understood we were not skilled in cow management. We had also been vague and unclear and had not called on him to help as we could have/should have. So now I'm being clear and specific. I'm done! I have no more patience with the cows. The cows have to stay in. He needs to figure out how to make that happen- research, learn, find experts, and pay help to make it happen. And it has to happen in the next five days-- before we go to a baptism. I can't leave my neighbor who watches cats and chickens to deal with this.
Today we had great sacrament meeting talks. A new couple introduced themselves and we learned how to listen to and follow the Spirit. Tom and I sat with a new investigator for Sunday School (and me for Relief Society) as we learned the importance of families and how the Savior set the example of how to keep the Sabbath Day holy.
No comments:
Post a Comment