The weather has cooled off, family is gone, and it feels like the
tide is changing. I know we will have more hot days, but with clouds and rain,
it just feels cooler. My ICO white paper is finished. One brochure is finished,
another one coming to a close. I have just a little job... and then? With most
of the projects out if the way, it seemed like a pretty relaxing week.
I do have a client who is
supposed to be sending me a check for a big project. Then I will have about 2
months of work to do. It will be a sales funnel. I haven't really done one of
these, so it will be a little demanding and stressful, although I've done portions
of most of it.
But for this week, we weeded
the garden and picked pounds and pounds of green beans and tomatoes. We've
given some away at church and some to the food bank. We've asked neighbors if
they want some. The green beans are nicer than they've been all season. The
tomatoes, I think may be on their last leg. We've had wilt creeping up the
leaves and now most of the leaves are brown and drooping.
With fall ahead, it's time to
think about going to visit Miranda when her baby is due. A week from tomorrow I
travel and baby comes on the 29th. I also need to look ahead to our Auxiliary
training for Relief Society in September and our Woman's Nauvoo trip in
October.
In the meantime, all the names
that Aaron has collected have been weighing on us. So on Thursday Tom and I
drove to the temple. We worked Thursday and Friday and got more than 30
ordinances done. It was lovely to be in the temple. Friday was our ward temple
day, and we got to participate with several ward members for some of the
sessions. We stopped at Panara Bread on the way home and Tom got a pecan roll
for his birthday treat. On the way up and back we listened to part of the
"Gregor the Overlander" series. It made the time pass quickly.
Tom was wondering what he would
do with himself after he finished working on Deborah's house and kitchen.
He got that done Wednesday and the new tenant moved in on Thursday. However on Friday we learned that the tenant had moved from the duplex and it needed nail holes in the walls patched and a new coat of paint throughout the house and garage. It also has a tenant scheduled to move in at the end of this next week. So Tom has much to do.
He got that done Wednesday and the new tenant moved in on Thursday. However on Friday we learned that the tenant had moved from the duplex and it needed nail holes in the walls patched and a new coat of paint throughout the house and garage. It also has a tenant scheduled to move in at the end of this next week. So Tom has much to do.
Tom decided to get the truck
detailed. I admit I didn't expect to see much improvement. Wrong. It really
came out looking great. Waxed to a shine, seats clean and floor mats sparkling.
They painted the wheel wells (Or at least cleaned them so they looked freshly
painted) they cleaned up the engine compartment so it sparkled as well. I was
impressed and Tom was happy.
Today I drove to Mountain View, MO for branch conference. My friend Jennifer was called to be in the Stake Primary Presidency, so she needed to travel there as well. We carpooled and had a lovely time chatting all the way up and back. This is a small branch that struggles to attract and keep members. But there is a lot of strength there. I gave the RS lesson on the Power of the Book of Mormon. It was the source of my testimony and I have seen the blessings that come from reading it and living its principles. I also had a new counselor sustained and set apart today. It's nice to have two counselors again.
And our little chick is now old enough to roost... but still under mama.



No comments:
Post a Comment