Then they spent time cutting down trees.
And the cat looked on. She has become a back porch cat... not a barn cat. As soon as we open the door she is around our feet purring and asking to be picked up.
I had been having itchy and scaly ears for years. It would come and go. But now it seemed to be staying. So I made an appointment with the dermatologist and got some prescription medicine for it. He said it was Seborrheic Dermatitis. The medicine seems to be helping-- mostly a steroid oil that would have cost an arm and a leg without medicare/Tricare for life.
But it was an interesting step for me. I have not used any prescription medicines in like, forever. And so many of our friends are on tons of pills. So I felt like I was stepping into "old age" to go and get these prescriptions fulfilled-- especially for a disease that could not be cured, only managed.
In the ongoing saga of Creekside apartments, I stepped into the position of representative of the owners and as such went to see the mayor. We had a very cordial visit and some of the material I presented to him helped soften his stance and better understand the owners. There is so much value to face-to-face meetings. In this digital age, I think people in big cities or big companies forget the value of personal contact, especially in a small town.
I finished the website for www.QuantumDE.com or Quantum Dot Electronics. Its a new start-up technology that takes computing down to the nano level. I think that's a molecular level where the directional spin of the molecule indicates the "1" or "0" of a bite in computing. Talk about smaller- it's 80,000 times smaller or more dense that current data storage. And I'm now the proud owner of 50,000 shares of stock in exchange for my work. May the company succeed WILDLY!
I made flyers and sent out notices in a last ditch effort to get sisters to do the Oil in Your Lamp program before November 6th George Dyer show. I told them even if they hadn't started yet, they could start and accomplish goals. I went back to my original goals and had accomplished all of them but those in the physical health section. Hmmm. Do I put in more effort there... or simplify my goals?
Thursday we took Nathan back home to Russellville. It was fun to see Kera and Andy's new house. It's lovely. And Kera has plans to make it even more lovely and serviceable and to put their own unique look to it. Their kids have started back to school and seem to be doing well. Even Charlotte, who is distinctly unenamored with kindergarten came home happy to share the story of Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See? And she did a very cute job of retelling the story.
Tom and I returned home on Saturday afternoon to find the chickens still alive and the cat (who had gotten locked in the garage) out and alive and happy.
We had a good time at church today. The choir sang. Last week the choir had a mutiny. Some of the singers were tired of singing hard songs. Actually it was a soprano and in the last two songs the sopranos didn't have the melody part of the time. And it wasn't "fun" to have to work so hard. So we may be singing simpler songs. But we did master this one and it soundedreally good when we sang the difficult parts correctly today.
It's hard to believe September is nearly here and the year is racing to the end.





No comments:
Post a Comment