Not a lot of exciting things this week.
I finished my long copy sales letter for this relationship coach-- 14 pages. I will likely start on another one next week. I had to write a sales letter promoting myself for the Clayton Makepeace Workshop I'm attending in mid April. It was hard to blow my own horn, but I talked to the guy I'm working for on these relationship letters. He agreed to let me write it as if it came from him.
I finally got my hair cut. It looks better.
I've had wash windows on my list all week-- but haven't done it. The weather has warmed up some. We got about 1/2 inch of rain, but nothing below freezing this week. Our asparagus is starting to emerge. That will be tasty. None of our seeds are up yet, but the peach and apricot trees are blooming. We put some boarders around our phlox to keep the other groundcovers from encroaching. They are all set to give us a carpet of color. I have faith spring will come.
Friday Tom and I drove to the temple. We'd called to see if we could give away the back seats for other temple goers... but got no takers. Probably just as well. We got about 12 miles down the road and I remembered I'd forgotten my purse-- with temple recommend inside. All our surplus time was eaten up turning around and getting the purse. We needed to get to the temple in under 4 hours. Something we'd never done before. I told Tom, "If we get there at 5 minutes to 11, I want to try and make the 11:00 session."
It was a miracle. We actually got there by quarter to 11! The last road we took had NO traffic and we hit every light green. I think it took us under 7 minutes on that road. On the way home it was bumper-to-bumper traffic and we hit every light red. It just proved God's tender mercies! We made the 11 and 1pm sessions and then headed home. It was a long day-- Got home about 8:30. But a good day.
Saturday Cotter was having an appraisal fair to raise funds for lighting the Cotter bridge. We took two tables, a wash stand, Dad's light and the doll chest with doll. The appraisers were just delighted with the doll chest and the old doll clothes. They liked the Aladdin Lamp. and said nice things about the furniture. Gave us ball park estimates and places to sell them if we wanted.
That afternoon I drove to West Plains to train the new Relief Society presidency there. We stayed to listen to the Women's Broadcast. This was the first time every woman over 8 years old was invited to attend. I thought the talks were excellent. A lot about covenants and covenant keeping. And a lot about how we can help each other regardless of the age differences.
Since the conference got over at 8:30, I decided to spend the night with the RS Secretary and go to church with her in Mountain View Branch. It's a little country branch about 30 minutes north east of West Plains. There are many lovely people there and were very welcoming. I visited with several people who used to live in Mountain Home, including the first owner of Levi-- Rebecca's' dog.
Got home a little after 4. It was fast Sunday for us, so at least I didn't have to worry about missing lunch. Had nice visits with some of the kids this evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment