Tom said at the end of our trip, “Soon this will just be a
dream and a memory.”
That is what we
heard when we were getting off our mission.
I thought, what doesn’t become a dream and a memory?
I think it’s our relationship with the
Savior.
That can be a forever constant
if we choose to stay close to him.
We flew back on Friday and arrived home after traveling 22
hours. We were tired puppies. It’s taken us a few days to get back into a
decent sleeping routine. We awoke very
early the first few days.
I have a job working for a relationship coach now. It’s
pretty interesting—writing for women wanting a better relationship with a
guy—how to connect, what to talk about, how to get your ex back. And so
on. I’ve been working and talking with
the client getting some jobs set up. I
also am moving forward with another Infinite Banking book.
A lot of this week was spend on Relief Society. I needed to prepare several talks and connect
with RS presidents. I had my first
presidency meeting on Wednesday and got to meet my counselors really for the
first time. They are marvelous ladies
and we will work well together.
Wednesday was the Scout Blue and gold banquet. It was fun to visit with people and have no
responsibilities.
Saturday we went to Ava Ward for their RS event and I spoke
there. They had a great lunch. We met
again after that and planned out more Stake Relief Society events.
Sunday was the Mountain Home Ward Conference. All the stake leaders were there. We trained from 8:50 to 9:30. Then I raced to
choir to practice the song we were singing that day. Then during Sunday School I met with the
stake president to talk about relief society things. Then spoke for a few minutes in Relief
Society.
We were to go out and visit people after church. However it
started SNOWING again during church!
Good grief! It had been 70 degrees or so the days before. I’d planted
potatoes in the garden—thinking it would rain. And now SNOW? So some of the stake leaders left to get home
safely.
The RS president and I did go visit. We took the truck (4
wheel drive) in case it got bad. But it
didn’t. And we had a great visit with a family. And with each other.
We had a couple from Colorado come here for a job
interview. They’d called Tom to ask
about the area, and so we invited them to stay with us while they looked for a
rental and interviewed for the job. They
accepted the job offer and searched for the perfect house all in a few days. They will leave to head back to Colorado to
pack and then return in just a few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment