My goal this week was to make great strides with my website. I really wanted to figure out a way to get the fashions up and liked to the stores so teens could find the choices and, if they wanted, have access to the fashions. There's not sense in saying, "Here's a cute modest dress.... but I'm not telling you how to get it."
I'm here to tell you, I've feel like Edison. I've found a lot of ways that don't work. I know there has to be a way. I'm sure others have done it. The good side is that I've learned a lot about some programs. The frustrating thing is that I still don't have anything that looks good and works.
When I was blocked, I did spend time writing some web pages and I went back and corrected some of the things that people alerted me to. Thank you to all of you who read through the site and gave suggestions and corrections.
We have a gathering every 1st Monday of the month for "Empty Nesters"-- those of us with kids all grown and gone. We have family home evening together. It's always a fun time to visit, learn, and munch. We had that Monday night.
We had a tenant move out of our Midway duplex and Tom spent several days out there fixing up and sprucing up. He stained the deck we'd put in just before we left for our mission. We'd recently painted the house and it still looked good. He changed out a toilet at the Westwood house... and that rented! Hurray. (I don't think it was just because of the toilet, though.)
They talked of rain coming in, so on Wednesday, we went and planted the garden: potatoes, onions, lettuce, beets, spinach, broccoli, and sugar snap peas. I hope these cool season crops will have a long spring to grow. I've finally stopped worrying about the budding plants. I assume they know more than I do. It really feels like winter is over and spring is here. It did rain Wednesday night, Thursday, and now Sunday. Ahh. You can just see the plants drinking it all in. Buds are popping out. Everything is greening up. It feels good to be alive.
Thursday night we had the Relief Society birthday event. It was a lovely dinner. I sang a song with other women. It was a Sally Deford (www.sallydeford.com) song "Write Thy Name Upon My Heart." It was simple and lovely. They asked me to speak about my term as Relief Society President. Good Grief! Do they think I remember what I did or what was important?? I did remember Visiting Teaching was important and I wanted to include and welcome people regardless of their personal strength in the gospel. Some people don't automatically "fit in," but the Savior invites ALL to come unto him. And we need to welcome them, too.
All for the Want of a Horse Shoe Nail
Our downstairs bathroom has old blue tile. It was functioning blue tile... until an unfortunate incident where the soap dish came out of the wall in the shower. We couldn't find six blue tiles to match... so it seems like a perfectly reasonable excuse to remodel the bathroom.
Friday Tom started the demolition. He pulled the tile off the walls surrounding the toilet and in the shower. He found some mold behind the tile... so it's probably a good thing he wanted to do this. Saturday we went looking for new tile. I really wanted a new tub, too. Blue...is so blue. Although the other choice was to paint it, I was not confident the paint would last. We had a plumber friend come over and he said, yes, you could take the tub out and put a new one in and hook up the drain... even though it goes into the cement floor. Tom was SO sure it couldn't happen. He said, "I should have paid you at the door to say it wouldn't work." So now we need to get a plumber in to do the work. That may delay Tom a bit. We are debating whether to paint the existing cabinetry... or get new. And we can't really get a new linen closet, it's built in. Hmm. Maybe new doors?
Excitement in the Air
The Kansas City Temple is nearing completion. The youth in our ward are getting ready to dance and sing at the cultural celebration. People are needed for the open house. Bishop is responsible for lots of stuff. Bishop is going crazy...um... good crazy... I think.
That's about it... there are a few new blogs below this one if you haven't read them.
Can't wait to see what the new bathroom looks like. Sounds fun!
ReplyDelete