We have continued to have warm, wonderful days. The risk of these lovely days... is hazardous weather. Branson was struck by a tornado... along with other towns across the nation. Fortunately, in Branson, it seems like the damage may not be too bad-- at least that's what the tourist conscious public officials are saying.
Our flowers have rejoiced in the lovely weather. Daffodils are blooming their little hearts out.
Our wild plum tree is a snowball of white.
Our grape and large hyacinth are up and perfuming the air. And we have some delightful unknown flowers. I thought they were dead... but this winter they poked their leaves out, and now they have fluffy blue and pink flowers.
Tuesday Tom had an interview with the Stake president, so we drove up to Springfield in time for dinner. We had a nice drive together. I wish the interviews weren't on Tuesday-- Half of Half is CLOSED that day! Otherwise we would have left MUCH earlier to enjoy the shopping.
This was the week I made my airline reservations-- We'll go to Miranda's for her baby. Then I'll fly to Deborah's and be there over General Conference weekend and return on the 10th. I also bought tickets to fly to LA so that Mom and I and other siblings will go to Switzerland the first two weeks of July. I am so looking forward to that.
The Main street house is done. Done! Ah, joy. The "For Rent" sign is out. We had an open house on Friday and about 7 people stopped by. They were all complementary. I, however, forgot to bring the camera. Maybe next week you'll see the finished pictures.
I also spent major hours working on my website. It's kind of up now. I still need to gather more fashions and do a bunch more stuff. If you love me, I'd appreciate your taking a look at it. Let me know if you find things that are confusing, misspelled, awkward, etc. Is the writing friendly and approachable? Does the site look attractive? Do you think teens will find it interesting? I'd love your feedback. www.TeenStyleU.com
Saturday we did a marathon outside event. We weeded and tilled the garden.
We moved the chickens... who had been in the garden... to a new home around the outer garden fence. We put up new fencing paralleling the garden fence. The goal is that the bugs that fly around may be eaten by the chickens, and that they will dig and discourage the crabgrass from growing into the garden. We'll see if it works. It may be that the chickens get into the garden... and they are more destructive than pests.
Of course, that was not enough work for a Saturday, so we also dug up a fruit tree growing too close to one of other ones and replanted it. We bought two more peach trees and planted them, and moved a volunteer butterfly bush and planted it next to the garage.
You can't see the fruit trees all that well. Fortunately, these are smart enough not to have blossomed out yet.
And I guess, that's about all the news for this week.
I am impressed! I know what your garden looked like before. Wow! I bought seeds yesterday and am looking forward to planting. Although Camden will have to find a new place to enjoy his shovel. We'll see how THAT goes over.
ReplyDelete