I’m having a hard
time remembering what happened the first part of the week. I know I was feeling like the year was practically
over. Tom and I did some shopping and
then spent an evening wrapping presents.
We had not had the opportunity to watch the First Presidency Christmas devotional
on Sunday as Tom was doing tithing settlement and other stuff. So we listened to it for Family Home Evening. Monday we also awoke to snow! It had snowed just a bit on Saturday but
Monday morning had maybe a 1/2 inch on the ground. When we walked… it was a bit icy. And by afternoon the snow had melted except
in the shadows.
Tuesday the Relief Society had their “in to lunch bunch.” It used to be an out-to-lunch bunch, but then they decided some sisters might not be able to afford to buy lunch, so the in-to-lunch meets at the church and people can bring a sack lunch, buy and bring, or bring a dish to share. It’s fun to sit and visit with the sisters.
On Wednesday Miranda came to visit. I spent part of the day figuring out what
needed to be done still on the Church street house closing. I had to sign a form that allowed Equity
Trust to sign the closing documents and then get it to Lender’s Title so they
could send it when the closing documents.
Thursday Miranda went to visit Sarah Simpson and I went visiting
teaching and went to some holiday receptions. The spread put on by Edward Jones
at the country club far out shown the cookies and punch at Liberty Bank. But it was nice that both of them wanted to
show customer appreciation. Thursday we packed and got ready to leave on
Friday.
Friday Miranda and Camden and I drove to New Orleans. The drive actually went well. We had fog at the beginning of the trip and
with the winding roads, Miranda decided she was better off without her
breakfast. Camden was very well
behaved. He slept. He was mostly happy. We stopped at a Burger King with a playground
and he was very pleased with himself going down the slide…over… and over… an
over. About nightfall we made it to New
Orleans and the low fuel light came on in the middle of the city. Yuck!
This is the first time I’ve been truly happy with “Jack” our GPS. He guided us to a gas station and back onto
the freeway with a minimum of delay. And
gas was actually pretty cheap there. It was nice to finally get to Rebecca’s
house.
The kids pulled names for “door prizes” and Rebecca got a carry bag with a water bottle and cap, as well. Most of the rest of the day we kind of lazed around. As we walked home, we saw this lovely large bird… that I was only able to get a fuzzy shot of.
Today we found our way to church and then about 1:40 I took
Dan and Rebecca to the pier for their cruise.
We’d done mapquest so got there with only a wrong turn or two. Coming back, Jack was again helpful. Either he or I made a mistake and got on the
90 going the wrong way, but Jack guided me around and back on the right way
within a mile. The kids are doing
well. I think we’ll survive the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment