We had a great visit with Rebecca and Dan's children. They are good kids. Rebecca and Dan came home Sunday morning. They had a fun time on the cruise. They loved the food and the friendliness of the servers and stewards. They enjoyed the cave tubing and the snorkeling... and the shopping. They didn't enjoy the encouragements to part them from their money at every turn.
The children were delighted to have Mom and Dad back home. However they were super busy. Dan had some Christmas projects to do, and Rebecca had laundry and packing to do. She also needed to make dinner for Wednesday when friends would be visiting... but she wouldn't be there.
I was going to get an annual pass for the car at the base... when I happened to look at my ID card. I knew it was going to need to be renewed.... AKKK. I saw it had expired 3 days earlier. So I didn't risk going for the car pass. I did, however, go off base for some shopping and they let me back on with it.
Tuesday we left early (8:13) Our goal was 8am. We got the older kids off to school and Rebecca, Delaney, Rylee, Miranda, Camden and I headed north. Our goal was to pick up Grandma Marion at the Little Rock airport at about 4pm. And that time was cutting it close. It got even closer when we had several stops on the way. Then it didn't matter. Mom called to say her plane was delayed. We got to the airport about 4:30. The plane was supposed to have arrived by then.... but it hadn't even taken off. Mechanical problems.... then refueling... then crew change. She finally arrived at 7:30.
We had a late dinner at McAlesters... a nice restaurant in Conway, and headed home. I drove these last 3 hours. I figured I knew the roads best. All went well until the last 45 minutes when Camden was just done! Then Rylee yacked up all her dinner. We pulled over, found the binkee, cleaned up the mess and drove home anticipating with great eagerness the end of the trip. We arrived about midnight.
Wednesday was mostly recuperation day. Tom and I went to look at the progress of the Main St house. And we closed on the 1111 Church St house. We checked it before picking up the papers from Lender's title. It looked just the same. We didn't remember a water spot on the living room ceiling... but it seemed dry. Hmm. Guess we'll have to wait and see. We did a little Christmas shopping. Rebecca was Santa's Helper and baked mini-muffins, cookies and Muddy Buddies for the Young men and women who were going caroling that night. The Bishopric agreed to make the refreshments... I think that translated into the Bishop and his helpers.
About noon Miranda left to go back to Oklahoma to Dan and a wedding. However, she left Camden here. We though there might be much sadness, but actually, he's done very well. He and Rylee are playing much better together here. Perhaps it's because neither of them own the toys. Everyone slept well last night.
Tomorrow the hordes descend-- Andy and family. Dan and the rest of the children. Miranda and Dan. Oh what fun! I love Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment