Monday November 17 Tom and I drove to St. Louis. We visited our property manager there and looked at possible places to purchase houses. I love the houses in St. Louis! It was cold and rainy-- the kind of day to snuggle inside... and we finally went to a hotel and did so.
I wanted to print off my boarding pass, but didn't have a computer. So we went looking for a Kinkos... but didn't find it. At last we found a UPS store, just minutes before it closed. The nice manager let me print off my pass at his computer. Kudos for UPS! He didn't even charge me.
Tuesday morning we went to the temple. It's always great to go there! Then Tom took me to the airport and he headed back home. I had an uneventful flight to Orange County and Cynthia and Jim picked me up. Mom and I have had a great time visiting. She's doing well.
Wednesday we went to her Presbyterian Women's luncheon. She had a meeting ahead of that, so I took material to read and ended up chatting with a Messianic Jew who is joining their congregation. It was a Hat Day, so many of the women wore hats. One was from Thailand and quite intricate. Another was worn by a 104 year old Scottish woman, complete with crown. She'd made it for the Daughters of the British Empire gathering to celebrate the royal wedding. While the food was delicious, the most exciting event of the meeting was that Mom was awarded Honorary Life Membership in Presbyterian Women! They said wonderfully nice things about her.... all of it true!
Thursday I drove with Cynthia up to Downtown LA. We left at 6:30 (ugh!) but we had an enjoyable time chatting all the way up and back! And we didn't miss turns or exits... came close...but made them. We had a little breakfast and then Cynthia parked me at the Biltmore Hotel lobby-- a gorgeous place-- while she went into the Jewelry district to work on her case. I spent time working on my copywriting and information marketing courses. Lots of good stuff there. My head is overflowing with ideas! Now to implement them.
About lunch time, we headed to Sally's and met her for lunch. Ate at a little Mexican place. I know it was authentic because almost everything was in Spanish! And the food was delicious. Of course the conversation was the most satisfying. Then we went to visit Cousin Walt. He is not happy in the Rehab Center. He hurts. He can't do the rehab. People don't take care of him properly. It's a difficult place for him right now. But it was fun to see him perk up when we got talking about copywriting and he recalled the fun he'd had writing about the moon landing and revising a book for some doctors. I think the love of learning and sharing what one learns must come through the genes.
That night Mom and I went to Olive Garden with Pat. Pat's health is not so good, but she was happy we dragged her out of her house and to dinner.... well, we encouraged her. She did her own shuffling.
The weather has been cooler here. I expected a little warmer. It IS warmer mid-day... but the rest of the time, I'm grateful for long sleeves and sometimes a jacket. I don't think the capris I brought will see the light of day. It's nice to be here with Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment