Rebecca's family started their two day drive home by 7 am Monday morning. All of a sudden the house was empty again. But they thoughtfully left little reminders of their presence in the form of 'love' notes strategically placed around the house. They arrived home Tuesday night after an uneventful drive.
The house did not stay empty for long. Kristy drove down Wednesday afternoon with her three girls for a couple of days. The purpose was to leave so she would Isabelle to have a quiet place to finish her last two weeks of BYU classes where she can concentrate on her studies and not be interrupted by other family members also studying from home. It was fun to have a different family present and enjoy time with them. Kristy returned home Friday with two of the girls. Izzy will remain with me for the next two weeks to finish out the semester, at which time I will drive her back home for the holidays.
Thursday I returned to the dermatologist for my second 'blue light' treatment for potentially harmful facial skin cancer. The 16 minutes under the light feels like lots of needles pricking the skin simultaneously across the face. Not unbearable, just not pleasant. And then the affected area is itchy for the next couple of days. Curse you California sun!
Prior to Kristy's arrival, I mowed the yard to mulch any leaves that had fallen in the past couple of weeks. The yard does look much better even though the grass is mostly brown. The only leaves still left are along the fence lines. Their removal will be a future activity involving raking and moving to the burn pile. Of course, the leaves need to dry before they will burn. So I have a couple of days to procrastinate!
While family was visiting, Emily helped move some of the leaves (that Callie had previously raked into a large pile) to the burn pile for future burning. The pile is about a third of its original size. I appreciate youthful enthusiasm!
Saturday, Izzy joined me as I returned to the rent house where the tree had previously been cut down. We had already removed the firewood, but the branches still needed to be hauled off. We spent an hour loading the trailer and were able to get the branches removed. They won't be quick to burn since they are still green, so I will just pile them up and at some future time use the tractor to push them into the burn pile for burning.
We had temperatures fall into the mid 20's at night this past week; even had some light drizzle; but for the most part the sun has been shining each day raising the day time temperatures into the 60s'. I am still holding out for a white Christmas this year!
Photos found on my phone this week:

No comments:
Post a Comment