Sunday, August 2, 2020

Back home again

Last week's post was written from Parker, CO while staying with my brother and his wife for a day before continuing my drive back home. While there Sarah did a clock count; she found at least 130 clocks in the house. I replaced three leaky faucets with new ones and helped change the filters on their reverse osmosis system in the kitchen. On Wednesday Sarah and I drove to Miranda's house for the night; they were still visiting Yellowstone sights, so we had the house to ourselves.

Thursday morning we left Bella Vista with a beautiful full rainbow on the horizon. I got Sarah safely delivered to her house and then proceeded home. After 3100 miles, it is good to be back home. It is just a lot quieter now that everyone has left. I harvested a good number of tomatoes, cucumbers and a couple of corn - one was eaten with dinner. Got the car emptied and things put away. I even managed to wash the car.

Friday I had a closing on the duplex we had purchased in 2009. This one was for sale by owner and next to a house we already owned. Sandy thought it was a good deal, but I was reluctant. We were preparing to go on a mission and another house was not what I wanted at the time. The previous owner did the finish work on it so both upstairs and downstairs could be rented. But it was a good rental and provided a steady income. I was one of 17 closings that day at this title company, and the realtor said his company has 32 pending contracts. Someone has money! On the way home, I went out of the way and bought a box of peaches for $22. They were ripe and would not keep too long, so I made three batches of jam, for a total of 10 pints. 


Saturday was a beautiful and cool morning; so I mowed the lawn - without sweating! Then back to the kitchen to make another three batches of jam. Unfortunately I only had two Sure-Jel packets, so off to the local market. I had to drive to three different stores and finally found some at Walmart - not my favorite shopping place, especially on a Saturday afternoon when everyone else wants to shop too. But I now have 20 pints of fresh jam. In putting them away, I discovered I still have 4 pints left from 2018! After dinner I got this great idea to can the rest of the peaches; so I stayed up late canning 5 1/2 quarts of sliced peaches. Can you tell I like peaches?



Today was church of one. A lot different from last week when we had over 30 in our Bear Lake resort.

No comments:

Post a Comment