Sunday, July 12, 2020

Things are heating up here...

Scenes of happenings in the Fox home when family comes to visit (the previous week):



Monday Rebecca's family headed off to Andy's for several days where a good time was had by all. I was feeling puny with a runny nose and vegged. I did manage to clean and pack the canopies used for Saturday's pie celebration. Cookies were made and delivered to friends.

Marian is still looking for her prince:



The garden has been very generous with zucchini and cucumbers. I took several foot long zukes to church today and they all disappeared. The ten foot corn stalks finally have corn on them!

And Rebecca found this little guy munching contentedly on a cucumber today:

Thursday, seven of us, to include Dan and Delaney helped a couple move in. They had a U Haul and trailer, but it took us less than an hour to complete the job. He had been a Marine years ago as a game warden at Quantico; took care of the horses President Regan rode.

Rebecca has been helping me sort through stuff in the house. This week we went through one of Sandy's writing book shelves; I called a good writing friend to ask her opinion and she was very helpful in determining which books had value and which ones needed to be tossed. We also sorted through the many essential oils in the closet; I contacted a friend who connected me with a local salon owner. She came and purchased about a third of the oils. Any one interested in the left overs? I can provide a list. Half price. We also looked at the various USMC uniforms that have been in the shed for over 20 years. Any ideas on what to do with them?

Saturday morning, Dan, Rebecca, Marian, Callie and I drove to Cotter to run along the river in the shade with an overcast sky. Despite not running for over a week, I managed to run 3 miles (and survive!). It was nice to run on flat terrain.

In running some errands in the Model A with Marian this week, she asked a lot of questions about the levers and such. So I explained the best I could. Because of her interest

This is what happens when I leave my phone unattended and a certain grand child gets a hold of it:



Attended church at the building today. I did not do a head count but we probably had 70-80 between the two rooms we met in. Rebecca's family joined us.


No comments:

Post a Comment