Sunday, October 27, 2019

The week is over already?

It never fails to happen, I know what I want to write up until the time I sit down and am ready to type; then all thoughts of the past week disappear.

Monday it rained so I stayed home doing stuff in the morning. Then attended my Hospice Grief Support Group. The discussion was on anger. I am finding that these classes help me identify feelings/attitudes I am experiencing, but didn't know it. In that regard it clarifies and explains why things are they way they are.

Tuesday AM I met my roofing friend and we started overlaying a sheet metal roof on the garage of one of Rebecca's rent houses. The shingles were crumbling. We got about 60% done after about 3 hours of work. We returned on Wednesday to finish the job. My main responsibility is to hand the sheet metal up to him so he doesn't have to make so many trips up and down the ladder. But I also installed screws.

Before pictures:


Mostly finished photos:



I had been invited to lunch by a good friend that day, so I left early, but after insuring all the sheet metal was on the rood. Kent is a realtor friend, and also lost his first wife a few years ago. He invited me out mainly to just talk. It was therapeutic and the food was good.

Wednesday evening Dan visited until Saturday AM. We tackled some tree trimming in the front yard, and the pasture areas Thursday and into Friday. We got about 90% of the low hanging branches cut (the ones that the tractor cover impacts while bush hogging). We had gone to dinner at a member's home on Thursday night and the sister missionaries were also there. They were willing to come do some service Friday afternoon and we were able not only to collect a majority of the cut limbs, but burn them as well. Their help was appreciated. You might ask how we cut the low limbs; Dan rides in the tractor bucket and I lift or lower him as needed to cut the branches.

I took him to dinner Friday night and we got home just as Kera and her 5 at home children arrived. Of course we had to play 5 Crowns that evening. Saturday was the big day. The local college, ASU, Mountain Home was hosting a 'Whoos Getting Muddy' 5 and 10 K mud run. Charlotte (9), Emma(11), Matthew (13), Katie (18) and I  ran in the 5 K non competitive family fun run.. It was drizzly, there was a lot of mud and it was a very cool 51 degrees. But all the kids made the run and had a varying degree of fun in the process.  Matthew clearly had too much fun! While there were several hundred signed up, in our category there were 67 and we placed from 16-21 (yes, that last number would be me).

The before picture:

The after picture:

Matthew

Charlotte

 Katie and Tom


 Emma, Tom and Charlotte


Tom on the slip and slide


Matthew, Tom, Charlotte

Matthew having too much fun

More Matthew







Thanks to Kera for taking the pictures; she probably ran as much as we did to capture these muddy moments.

Church was good; We had an excellent discussion on being fully committed and what that requires.

No comments:

Post a Comment