Sunday, September 1, 2019

The Week That Was!

Monday I managed to run. Then was off to a rent house that had just vacated (they were able to purchase a home). And they left it wonderfully clean! Because I had done extensive work last year to the upstairs, nothing else needs to be done there. However, the downstairs needed some additional work that did not get done then.  So I spend the first part of the week installing vinyl planking in the two framed rooms downstairs, installing closet shelving and painting the remainder of the basement floor. Each upgrade highlights the other areas that need attention. But I am done for now! The basement walls can get painted next time! We were able to increase the rent 20%, so I feel pretty good about my accomplishments.

One of the rooms before flooring:

And after flooring:

The other room:


I also painted the stairs and installed a new handrail:

The before painting of the floor:

And the after painting. Note the ugly wall that won't get done this time around:

Tuesday we met with our attorney about a trust fund we are setting up. He and Sandy are on the same wave length discussing the intricacies of this legal doctrine and I have to remind them that I am a fox of a very small brain. Doesn't always work.

Deborah's family was scheduled to arrive Friday evening so we had things to do to get ready for them. Lawn mowed, extra beds set up, food purchased, and so on.

Saturday Steve and I transported two canoes to the Buffalo River to connect with Andy's family. They had brought two of their own kyakes and floated about 9 miles down the river. We drove Andy's truck to the pick up point, found a spot to park it and returned home. On the way home, the elder's quorum contacted me. A new family that had moved here needed unexpected help unloading a moving van. Seems the company did not find anyone to help offload the van, so assistance from church was requested.  This might have been a simple task, except that the van was too long to get on their street, and the driveway was too windy for a large truck. So the moving van was parked in town and they rented a 26 foot U Haul. So, while it took us about 20 minutes to unload the U Haul, it took the driver and his assistant about an hour to shuttle back into town, load the U Haul and return. I was there for two truck unloadings and left; they had at least three more to go.  

When Andy got back into town, I met him at the garage to store the canoes,. Then we came home for a delicious spaghetti dinner with garlic bread and a tossed salad. A very satisfying meal.

Today we heard some faith promoting testimonies and had an excellent discussion about spiritual gifts. So, what spiritual gifts have you? and which ones would you like to possess?

And this is what happens in our house on a Sunday when we have 18 people:

Sue is helping teach Aaron some genealogy research tips:



Sarah wanted to make cookies (chocolate chip of course!) and Charlotte offered to help.

And this is how we look when we dislike having our hair braided (and don't know the camera is on you):

And how we look after grandpa jokes with you:


No comments:

Post a Comment