Major accomplishments of the week: We survived!
I spend some more time in the garden planting and weeding on Monday.
Tuesday morning we drove to the St Louis Temple with the Powells. It was a beautiful drive highlighted by bright redbud trees and brilliant dogwood...not to mention all the green coming to life. We arrived in time to conduct one session and then head to our hotel. We checked in and enjoyed the dinner that the Drury Inn provides. Then leaving Sandy at the hotel, the three of us returned to do another session. Then it was back to the hotel for a good night's rest.
After a delicious hotel breakfast, we returned to the temple to do another session. It is always good to be in the House of the Lord, doing for others that which they are unable to do for themselves in a very spiritual setting. There is a Costco close to the temple, so of course we had to stop and stock up on needed supplies. Then onto Rolla for a late lunch at Panera Bread Co. I do enjoy their soups and salads. We were home before 6 pm.
Thursday morning Sandy had her weekly visit with Clifford; he keeps saying she is doing better, but he would also like to see her twice a week. Possibly he feels his honor is at stake because he is adamant about getting her well again! I'm with him on that count! Once home, we had lunch and headed to Branson. We drive through Harrison, which has an Aldis, so I was able to purchase some items there to stock in the pantry. We also stopped at Menard's to get some things for the house. And then finally to Branson; no trip here is complete without a stop at Harry and Davids. Dinner was at Red Lobster, a place we have not visited in over 10 years. Sandy had the steak and did a credible job eating most of her meal. We spent a leisure night at the motel.
And just why did we travel to Branson? Obviously chocolate is on the list, but the real reason was that Miranda and Jonathan's families were going to Silver Dollar City on Friday and we joined them for the day. We arrived about 935 (the park opens at 10 am) only to find all the close-up handicap parking spots full. I dropped Sandy off and went to park the car in one of the regular lots and came back to join her. She had reserved an ECV (electronically controlled vehicle), just a fancy name for an electric wheel chair. Due to the up and down terrain at the park, she was worried we would have trouble pushing regular a wheel chair. No complaints from me.
We were able to enjoy several of the shows they have. We saw a fire dancer show. Part of the time they used illuminated LED sticks and part if the time they used real fire. It was impressive, but loud. Then we saw Cirqunique that had balancing stunts and aerial ballet/acrobat routine that I liked a lot. Finally we listened to six harpists who played delightful and familiar melodies.
The children all had a great time; we enjoyed funnel cakes. Most of the group went on what I thought was Thunderation, a relatively mild roller coaster ride. It wasn't until we had waited in line that I saw it was really the new Time Traveler ride, which included loops, barrel rolls and wing overs and more. I can't tell you a lot about the ride since my eyes were closed most of the ride and I was just hanging on for dear life.
We stayed until the park closed at 6 pm and then fought the crowds leaving. All three of us stopped at a Burger King for dinner and Sandy and I drove to Mt Vernon to spend the night with Jonathan's family. And then stayed up late visiting.
Saturday was a slow day. I was able to assist Jonathan with some of his fence installation in their pastures. After dinner, we watched the Time Traveler, the movie that the Time Traveler ride at Silver Dollar City was patterned after
Today was Easter Sunday. We had excellent talks about the Savior's Atonement and Resurrection followed by a thought provoking Sunday School lesson on what the Atonement can do in our lives. We spend a quiet afternoon enjoying the grand children as they searched for clues as to where their Easter baskets were. Jonathan and Kristy prepared a yummy dinner of lamb and ham prior to our departure for home.





No comments:
Post a Comment