Sunday, September 10, 2017

Baby Week

Mostly this week I've been with Miranda and new baby Rachel.

I drove back to Miranda's on Monday morning.  Tom had errands to do so he was gone about 8am as well. He went to visit Ernie, our neighbor, in the hospital. He's been there longer than we expected him to be, but he seems to be getting a little better.

Tom's wrist, where it was cut, seemed to be getting more inflamed. So he finally went in on Wednesday.  They took the stitches out and gave him a broad spectrum antibiotic. It seems to be getting better, although the steri strips they put on didn't last long.

Baby Rachel seems to be doing about as good as a newborn can do.  She's nursing pretty well, sleeping 4 hours or so at night and only fussing periodically. She is very cute.  Miranda's a bit sleep deprived.  The other boys seem to be doing pretty well. They are enjoying their new play structure in the back yard.  Ethan especially likes interacting with Rachel, but all of them will try to make her happy.  Dan and Miranda took Rachel to a well baby check up on Tuesday and she is gaining some weight back.  Wednesday we took Camden to his allergy shot and did some shopping.

My writing goal for this week was to work on reviewing long form sales material from a three-day course I took a couple of years ago, and then to research the material I have on his program. Mid week I got an email from a friend who works for Weiss Research.  She asked if I'd be interested in helping write some special reports for a promotion.  Weiss is located around Delray Beach in Florida.  So they were shutting down for the hurricane, Irma. Thus, I might not get the research I need in a timely manner.  I've been watching the hurricane.  Since it's going up the west side of Florida, perhaps Delray will not have too much damage.  I have a writing conference there in about 5 weeks, or I will if it's still standing.

Early Thursday morning I got some messages on my phone. Mom' (GG's) cough and cold had turned into pneumonia. She'd go to the hospital and they admitted her, gave her a breathing treatment, and started her on antibiotics. They were treating it as if it was a bug she picked up while she was in the rehab center. She is feeling better now and may be discharged on Sunday. I really appreciate Kathy and Cynthia & Jim being there for help and support.

Miranda is well loved. People have been bringing her food each night. I've done laundry, picked up stuff, and held baby, but I really haven't done much in the kitchen but make breakfast.

Friday evening David McClellan came up.  And Tom arrived on Saturday about noon. We'd gone to
Sprouts and I bought him some goodies.  In the afternoon Tom dropped me off at 1/2 of 1/2 for clothes shopping while he went to the huge used book store.  I found some dresses, Tom found a few books.  And then he got some nice white shirts as well.

Because Tuesday is our anniversary, we decided to celebrate by going out to dinner at a tasty Mexican restaurant.

Today Dan's aunt and uncle, plus his brother, Charles and his wife and four girls came to the blessing of Rachel. She was wearing a beautiful christening dress that Kera sent up.
 
 It was nice and she was cooperative.  We'd done a little dinner prep, but Miranda and David McClellan did most of the work fixing cafe rio chicken and cut up cantaloupe, pineapple, and strawberries. Aunt Maryanne brought donuts and cheesecake for dessert.  The girls took full advantage of all the fun things to play on in the yard-- rings, trampoline, play structure, slide, and swings.

I finally got the food for the Nauvoo trip all planned out.  One of Miranda's very helpful friends came over and talked about where to shop and how much I'll need for 130 people.
 Tom and Rachel taking a nap together.








No comments:

Post a Comment