Sunday, June 18, 2017

Fox week

We had decided that our computers needed some help. They were slow and froze up and made us grumpy. So Tom had one of our young adults come over and look them over. He said they only had 4 somethingorothers of RAM and needed more. So we ordered 2 8gig cards. We figured we could do one 2 and one 8 and we'd improve from 4 to 10. Alas, Tom's computer would not accept the new card. It would only accept a Lenovo proprietary card. So he was stuck with 4. But I got upgraded to 16! After all, we couldn't let a card go to waste.

My work has quieted down a bit. I'm wrapping up the financial book. The potential Marketing biography got put on a back burner. The Real Estate whole life investment book is iffy. One person thinks the other should pay for it. He doesn't think he should. So I put on my best sales effort and told the guy all the good things that would come from owning and being an author of the book-- expert status, prestige, and respect. Having clients pre-sold and thoroughly understanding the concepts so we will spend less time teaching and persuading and more time selling and earning. He said he'd think about it.

I have one guy who is supposed to send me a creative brief and then I'll get started on writing some sales letters for him and his book. Last week I wrote an open letter about an initial coin offering for a medical marijuana cryptocurrency and this week I should be doing a press release for a self-directed IRA that promotes real estate investing. When I applied for that job, I told Tom, "If they don't hire me, they are just stupid." I knew the pool of copywriters with experience in both of those areas was pretty thin. And they did call and set up a time to talk. The contract should be coming through. However, it always seems like sure things... aren't always sure. I have a couple of other projects that looked promising at one time.

This week Sally and I got together and I think we have the food for the reunion pretty well ironed out. And Kera and Jonathan & Kristy have been diligent in putting together activities. We will be emailing out a draft of the activities with requests for some people to step up and help out with some of the events.

Tuesday Tom and I went blueberry picking. Fortunately the day was overcast for a while and pretty cool. We got two gallons and called it quits.

This week was girl’s camp and Wednesday Tom drove out to girl's camp for the evening's dinner and fireside. He always brings treats. Muddy buddies (or puppy chow) this time. (Chex cereal covered in chocolate/peanut butter/pdr. sugar) They were well received.

Thursday we went to look at two houses as possible candidates for flipping. One was really more of a tear-down candidate, although the lot was spacious and lovely-- ideal for a triplex. The other looked nicer on the outside, but had been badly neglected. I saw possibilities. Tom saw a LOT of work. So that one is unlikely too.

Friday we left about 7am to go to the St. Louis Temple. It was our ward temple trip. We didn't go in the van because we had a young woman taking out her own endowments on Saturday. So we arrived on Friday, did a session and sealings and then went off to find a Sprint store so Tom could get data transferred from his old Galaxy 4 phone to a new to him Galaxy Note 5.  Mission was accomplished after about 90 minutes. Of course we had to eat at 5 Guys; it is tradition.  And there was a Trader Joe’s just down the street…then on to our hotel and to crash. Saturday we did more sealings, initiatories, and two sessions. We were the witness couple as the young woman went through, so that was nice. 

We returned home on Saturday about 9 pm. It was a long two days, but we got a lot of work done and it felt good to be there.

This week Deborah will visit. Then Kera will come toward the end of the week and Aaron will stay with us until the reunion. In two weeks we will see each other... or most of us will! Let's hope we have everything organized by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment