Monday, February 13, 2017

Traveling with 90+ year olds

Today I went to the Swiss Park with Mom and her friend, Gloria.  Gloria is in the 90+ group, is hard of hearing, but trots around with her walker.  They sat in the back and chatted as we went to the Swiss Ladies Luncheon.

I loved that they were chatting about personal trainers and the gym equipment they were using.  Gloria joined the 1000 mile club-- adding up the miles she does on the treadmill, the bike and the newstep. Goodness sake! These two are like 95 and 92 and they are working out more than I am!

So we attend the luncheon and the president is giving a report.  Someone asked about the gardener of the park and why we had a new one.  She said he had died.  As people expressed surprise, she said, "Well he was about 90.  He was REALLY old!"  Then she clapped her hand over her mouth and said, "I need a muzzle."  There was another lady there who drove herself perhaps 60 miles to attend... and she was also over 90.

Fortunately, Mom and Gloria are both hard of hearing and didn't catch most of the meeting part.  On the way home, Mom asked me what transpired at the meeting.  So I'm driving 70+ miles an hour on the freeway in the HOV lane yelling back to Mom and Gloria in the back seat about what went on the the meeting. (I omitted the gardener part.)

At the end, Mom turns to Gloria and says,  "Could you hear Sandra talk about the meeting?"

"Meeting?"

"Yes, the meeting."

"Which meeting?"

"The one we just had."

No comments:

Post a Comment