I don't know...do we have a routine?
Monday I did some writing. We will be having house sitters while we are gone and they came over Monday for instructions; we want to ensure the continued safety of the chickens and hope this will enhance their survival rate. We had heard that a Casey's convenience store was planned for the empty lot across from Adam's rental house while we were in California, so a visit to building inspector's office was necessary.
I was able to visit the building department on Monday to make sure the exit was not going to have car lights shining into the house windows. Actually it seems to be set up pretty well, with the exit facing toward another street and some commercial buildings. I don't know if this is a good thing for Adam's house or not. Certainly it will be convenient if they want to go for a pizza.
Monday night was Empty Nesters Family Home Evening. I took a salad with lettuce from the garden and we had a good meeting.
Tuesday we finally got a quote on the septic system we've been waiting on for a couple of months. I think it
is good news. It could have been worse. They need to wait for things to dry out, so it will likely be July before they get started on it. I wrote a sample 2 page Video Sales Letter for a job and am waiting to hear back from them. I also did another interview for FastPass.
Each morning we've been getting up early and going out to weed the garden. We spend an hour or so out there, and then come in and move on with the day. Up until this week, it's been pretty cool most days. But now we're up to the 90's and so we need to work early. By Saturday we got it all weeded, and even went to the front and weeded and trimmed up bushes there. Tom mowed and it all looks lovely.
Adam is taking some of the equity in his rental house here to start his dental business and buy a house there. So we closed on that loan. The rental income should be able to pay this off so he doesn't have to worry about repaying this loan.
There is a women who is a new widow. Tom home taught the husband. She was a new wife and I've been working with her to help her get things organized. He car was stolen so I've been taking her places. She finally got the car back... and got a new key made for it. But now it needs to be licensed (tags expired) and put into her name... but she can't find the old title. Sometimes it just seems like there's one problem after another. Then we've been helping our neighbor get her business going. I'm not quite sure how we are worthy of the position of business advisor.
We have new neighbors across the street. We watched last winter as a barn-- LARGE barn went up. Now the house is going up. But the couple is living in the barn as the house goes up. And they brought the mother and she's living in a travel trailer. We invited them over for dinner on Thursday. The wife was a military brat. Her husband flew C-141's with the Air Force for 20 years, then moved on to fly for American Eagle. They seem like good people and will be nice neighbors.
We've spent part of the week amassing things for the Fox reunion next week. Tom and I went shopping and bought him a Father's Day gift of a more comfortable stool in front of his computer. He bought kid's toys for the reunion. We'll need to get more food on Monday.
Tom has been trying to run each day. He's signed up for the Red White & Blue run on the 25th. I'm looking forward to the great fireworks display that night.
We continued to catch raccoons. We caught a particularly big and aggressive one and Tom texted our friend to see if he wanted it. He said "Free Raccoon pelt. Comes with live racoon. Want it?" He did.
However he didn't quite see the live part. When he picked it up he had his young grandson with him. He said, "Grandpa, you're not going to shoot it, are you?" So HE ended up driving it out into the boonies to release it. No pelt for him. Two days later we caught another raccoon; the tally is now 2 possums and 3 coons - oh and 4 dead chickens!
My very creative friend had this lovely "necklace" on. It's made from a man's t-shirt sleeve. She had another one on this Sunday with the strands tied in an X pattern. I thought they might be fun to make at the reunion.



No comments:
Post a Comment