This has been a busy week for me. I received the initial
payment for my Renewal Email Series job this week, so the clock started ticking
on the deadline. I had some other projects lined up that I wanted to finish
before starting this job. And then along the way I got other projects. So I
stayed up late to finish the Creative Brief on the Email series. Then my
executive coach asked if I could write more articles and the start-up company
came up with another website—actually a series of websites to do. And I still
have my HVAC newsletter to get started on.
So I’m feeling a little stressed.
Tuesday afternoon I helped out taking fair entries for the
County Fair. I worked in the art and poetry section and it was fun to see the
entries coming in. On Thursday Tom and I went to the fair to see how the work
was judged. I didn’t enter anything this year. Maybe next year.
Thursday evening was a city council meeting. The owner of
Creekside had wired the $50,000 money up front and come up with an agreement
with the city attorney and the mayor. However they had to sell it to the city
council. They were still grumpy over the apartment complex. Even though the
city benefits regardless… they just don’t think the owner will be able to
perform. Frankly, I don’t know either. They called me up and asked some questions.
The Little Rock attorney asked me to say as little as possible… so I did. I was
relieved they decided to honor the commitment they made two weeks ago. And at
this point, my job has been accomplished.
We finally had the clock man come over. After oiling the
clock, we now have ticking, time and Westminster chimes on our grandfather
clock. It sounds so lovely!
The weather was hot all week, up in the 90’s. I had hoped
the hot weather was gone, but it was not to be. Then Friday night a cool front
rolled in and Saturday and Sunday have been absolutely lovely!
Last Saturday Tom and I had our 45th wedding
anniversary. So this Friday we headed off to Branson to celebrate it. We
wandered around a craft fair and found some things we liked. Then we had a nice
lunch. We went to Cottage Resort to look at a place for our Fox Family reunion
and think it will work. We might add up rooms to see if it would work for the
large reunion. In the evening we went to see the Irish Tenors and Celtic Ladies.
It was a nice show. Good singing and lovely costumes. Some fancy footwork as
well. We hit Andy’s Frozen Custard afterwards (about 10pm) and found it
mobbed. But we still had tasty ice
cream.
Saturday we met Miranda, Dan and children along with Miriam
and Emily at Silver Dollar City. It was the first weekend of the craft show and
Harvest Festival and was pretty crowded. Nevertheless, we had a fun time. We
did little kid rides and then watched the Wild West show. Then on to the
Fireman’s Landing with more kid stuff—a huge ball area where things suck up
balls and shoot them out—and on to the merry-go-round and climbing thing. Then
we finished off with the “get soaked as you shoot other people” ride and the “Fire
in the Hole” rollercoaster ride, which Ethan pronounced “Great Fun.” He and Miriam and Emily went on it twice and
were up to a third time around. But the rest of us were getting tuckered out,
so we headed home.
I came home and finished my lesson and training needed for
the Branch Conference at Mountain View—about 1.5 hours away- for Sunday. They
have a lovely little branch and a dynamic Relief Society Presidency. So it was
fun to visit. I tried to avoid sleeping through Sacrament meeting. And I did
manage to stay awake when I taught the Relief Society class. I had good
participation there. Then we had a lovely light lunch and went off to visit two
sisters. The president said they probably wouldn’t let us in and they’d be
short 5 minute visits on the doorstep. But we spent a good 45 minutes at each
house. Lovely women and nice visits. I hope they come out to church.
We had a chance to Skype with Adam and Savannah tonight.
That’s always fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment