Sunday, July 12, 2015

Whirlwind Days

My Kid’s lives are so crazy, mine seems tame by comparison. Jonathan and Kristy have moved into their new home, but are busy trying to get all the fencing up that needs to be done before they leave for the reunion. Deborah is very pregnant and working hard to keep her blood sugar under control. And checking out hospitals along the route to the reunion…. Just in case.

Andy and Kera moved into their new house. Then a few days later, they helped her dad unload all his things into his new house less than a half hour from their home. Kera has been shuffling kids back and forth to Vicksburg for scout camp (Aaron) and Youth Conference (Katie and Nathan.) We just heard that her sister Melinda will be induced with her first baby and Kera promised to come out and be with her in Utah. So Kera will leave on Sunday (July 12th) to drive out there for we're not sure how long. We hope she will make it to part of the reunion.

In the meantime Miranda and Dan are packing and stressing about their houses closing on Friday the 16th so they can get to the reunion. However, Miranda promised Kera she’d babysit Kera’s children when Kera went to Utah to help her sister Melinda with the baby. So Miranda and kids are abandoning Dan to finish packing while she goes to Russellville to babysit.

Tom and I had been planning on going to Miranda’s to help pack and maybe fix the roof that one guy said he could fix… but then he couldn’t. But they found someone else to fix it in less than a week before the house is to close. On the good side, the new house owners will let them store stuff in the garage this week before the closing. And on the plus side, Tom and I can pack everything in sight since Miranda and the kids will not need it before the move.

So what has been going on in our less exciting lives?

Monday night we went to our Empty Nester’s group for a pot luck at the park at Lakeview. Tuesday we went to Silver Dollar City.

It was storming that day. Rain was predicted all day. But it was the only day we could go and I didn’t think it would rain THAT hard. I wanted to see the Harlem Globetrotters that were playing there. We did and we wandered through some shops and saw the new show at the saloon which I thought was cuter than some in the past. I was also able to get some large crochet hooks for a project coming up.

We weeded the garden and Wednesday we finally canned 8 pints of pickled beets. I love pickled beets, but found I don’t care all that much for just plain steamed beets.

A friend at church makes these fantastic lace necklaces. I will learn how to make them on Thursday of next week. But I wanted to be able to teach anyone who wanted to learn at the reunion. So I spent time looking at some of the 52 shades of ladder ribbon I can use and narrowing my choice down to half a dozen. They arrived and I’m very excited about sharing the fun with the family at the reunion.

As I’ll be out of town most of the rest of the month, I wanted to get my newsletters done before I left. I did get a draft out. It may be that some of the owners want to put in a special promo or a letter specifically from them, I can get that done. But I didn’t want to have to write and organize 9-11 articles and get them properly formatted as soon as I got home. After all, shortly after I get back from the reunion and visiting Adam I get to go to Deborah’s to help with a new baby.

Thursday afternoon I jumped ship and played with pottery again. I want to do some dishes with Queen Ann’s Lace imprinted in it. And the flowers only bloom for a period of time. This time I cleaned up my crock and then worked on a 9x13 casserole dish. I took the wet piece home to clean up on my own since I won’t be able to go back to Marian’s before we leave.

Friday evening we had a long awaited Bishopric dinner. It had been planned a month or so ago, but then one of the wives was in a car accident and had a broken rib. So we rescheduled it. I felt rushed will a thousand things I can’t even remember now.—running errands, mailing things, blah, blah—but I did get some broccoli salad and cucumber salad made. Everyone else brought dishes and we had a lovely meal and great conversation.

We talked about where to have it next, and the wife of the executive secretary said, “We’ll be out of town then.”  We said, “When will you be out of town?” She said, “Whenever the dinner’s supposed to be at our house.”  She’s such a sweet, timid looking woman, it was funny to hear her joke.

Saturday we had house sitters come to get information on lawn mowing, plant watering and chicken and cat feeding. We had home and visiting teachers come. We had people come to tell us how we could give the cats their shots and not have to pay $40/per cat times 4 at the vet’s. Tom bushhogged the field and mowed the lawn.

Today we had good meetings in church. A lot of it was about being in tune with the spirit. Tom has Bishop’s Youth Discussion going on now with lots of tasty refreshments. The youth seem to enjoy coming over. After that’s over we’ll see about getting ourselves over to Miranda’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment