Things are so exciting with everyone moving! We’ve tried to keep tabs on Miranda and Dan
as they’ve been out house hunting and offering all kinds of (likely) unwanted
advice. Kera and Andy are moving forward with their move-- as evidenced by Andy
coming up on Thursday to borrow our truck for the next two weeks.
Sunday, in a moment of a “perfect storm” thinking about mice
in the chicken coop and friendships—I agreed to take two kittens as barn cats. They
delivered them on Monday. These little things could fit in your hand. We put
them in a stall in the barn. This stall had rolled up carpet from the garden,
the mower, stacked chairs and other odd things. The kittens would hide in a
different spot each time I went to check. After a few days, they’d come out
when I called and be reasonably happy to be picked up.
Last week I had a very nice conversation with the vice
president of a large financial newsletter. She asked me to send her a proposal
for projects for both retention and renewal on their entry level newsletters
and back end trading programs. It could be very lucrative. I said I’d get the proposal
to her in a week. Then I headed off to Jonathan and Kristy’s for the next few
days.
So that meant I really needed to be active getting this done
at the beginning of this week. I spent the majority of Monday working on it. Then
I spent several more hours on Tuesday and finally got it sent off late Tuesday
night.
Tuesday I’d wanted to get my hair cut. She’d been closed
last Tuesday (the walk in day) and when I drove there Tuesday, she was on
vacation for the week! Gaah! My hair
looks like a tumble weed!
One of my friends is an inactive member of the church. He
said he’d like to believe. It made him happy when he believed. But he can’t. I
went to visit him and share a way I thought might help him to regain his
testimony. I told him belief was a choice. He could choose to believe and try
it, or not. When I asked if he’d try it…. he said no. He said miracles are like
magic. You see it happen, but you know there has to be a rational, scientific explanation.
There is no god. No miracles. Nothing after death. I felt sad for him to feel
so confident in his unhappy state he could not risk trying to believe and be
happy.
Wednesday I had my Mastermind call for my copywriting and
then a Circle of Success (writing) training call. Then Tom and I packed up and
went to Girl’s Camp. We brought the fixings for ice cream sundaes. We had foil
wrapped meals for dinner, a devotional, and then Tom spoke to the girls for a
while. We left Girl’s Camp about 10pm and drove north to Rolla and spent the
night.
Thursday we got up early and drove the rest of the way to
the temple. We had a couple from our ward whose son and wife were getting
sealed in the temple. They asked us to attend, so we juggled things to go.
After the session and the sealing, we went out to lunch with our friends, the
Drakes, who had also attended the sealing. On the way home we stopped to shop
at Aldi’s. We would have shopped at the feed store, too… but we arrived at 7:02
and they closed at 7. We got home about 8 pm and Andy arrived at 8:30.
I finally succumbed and had Adam buy me a smart phone-- A Samsung Galaxy 4-- same as Tom's. It arrived on Monday. But I waited until we were in St. Louis (where Sprint has service-- instead of here where we are on roaming) to activate it. Now I need to put in contacts. But I've started taking pictures! Alas... they are not very good ones... Here are the kitties. They just wouldn't hold still!
We had a nice visit with Andy. Friday Tom and Andy cleaned
out the truck. Andy also spent time on the phone trying to find out if the
movers would move his 1000 pound piece of heavy furniture and investigating alternatives.
Friday I finished writing a heating and air conditioning
promo. I also had a call with my Living Benefits Insurance agent and another
agent. They’d been asked to write an article for real estate investors on how
to use the policy to accomplish that. And also on Rebecca for breaking the
glass ceiling and becoming the first woman to be top producing agent in the 175
year history of Mass Mutual. Since an article needs to have one main focus…
this was a little tricky.
Friday night Tom and I went to see the movie San Andreus. It’s
about a huge California earthquake—from LA to San Francisco… oh yeah, Nevada
too. We got to see Hoover Dam collapse, a tsunami devastate San Francisco and
some spectacular rescues. It was a pretty good movie.
I decided I need to find out what kinds of shots the kittens
needed and what it would cost to neuter them. I don’t want more than TWO cats. Akk! Free kittens aren’t free! It cost a fortune
to do all this medical stuff. But they purr so nicely when they are held. The calico
cat has long soft fur and a small black beard. So cute! And the ginger and white one is fiercely
independent. It’s so fun to watch them play and pounce on one another.
Saturday I sent off the Heating & Air Conditioning promo
and got the first draft done on the Rice article. I called those I visit teach
and checked on food preparations needed for next week’s Stake Conference.
Today I heard my Stake Relief Society counselor was called. I
need to touch base with her and set up a meeting for next Saturday to visit together.
My sweet grieving widow was at church today. So nice to see her there.
After church we went to a nursing home to visit a choir
member who has been in failing health. We took a portion of the choir and some
hymn books and went in to have a “choir practice” or at least sing songs
together. I knew he had MRSA, but I didn’t realize we’d have to gown up and
wear gloves to go into his room. Since we had a nurse as a choir member, she
got us all robed up and in. I’ll include a picture of us. It was fun to sing
and he was really touched by it.
Next week starts the ramp up to Andy and Kera moving… and
Kera and Dan M. helping their Dad pack his house and move down to Russellville
area as well. Miranda and Dan made an offer on a house and it was accepted. The
house is in Broken Arrow… and even in their same ward. They should close on
both houses on the same day—July 17—JUST before the reunion.
Andy and Kera held a farewell party for all their friends on
Saturday. That was the time Nathan’s mission call arrived in the mail. So he
was able to open it in front of all his friends. He will be serving in the
Iquitos, Peru Mission and will report to the Peru MTC on September 22. We are
so excited for him and know he will have a marvelous experience.




No comments:
Post a Comment