It seems like we're doing the same things each week. Not all that exciting.
My writing is... well writing. I've been working on the email newsletter renewal series. Thank you brother Steve for your comments on them.
I did finally start putting old missionary letters on a website I created for that. it's at www.LettersToMissionaries.com Since I write to missionaries and grandchildren each week... and mostly it's the same letter, I decided I should follow the counsel of the church and create a web presence. I don't know that anyone will ever read them, but they are up there and represent some of my thoughts on gospel principles and life. I know my African missionaries and returned missionaries appreciate getting them. I started with the oldest first. I finished 2012, I think and need to do 2013 and 14.
Wednesday evening Miranda and Dan and family came to visit. Dan left early Thursday to go do job stuff, but we had the pleasure of visiting with Miranda and her kiddies for a few days. They are growing into such fun children. I love to see them play happily together. They are imaginative and creative and give good hugs. What more could you ask for?
Well, I suppose you could ask for pictures... but we didn't take any of them. sigh.
Saturday and Sunday were Stake Conference. We drove up to West Plains early so we could look at a house for Jonathan and Kristy. It was a nice house, lots of acreage, okay out buildings, but also pretty far out from town. We finished in time to check into the hotel and change for the stake meetings. Tom had a bishop's meeting at 2:30. Dan Mc attended and taught about LDS Family Services kinds of things.
This time, I invited a ward to do the dinner between the leadership training and the Saturday evening session of conference. Ava ward did a magnificent job! It took so much pressure off me not having to worry if I'd made too much or too little-- I almost felt guilty. They did have a lot left over. Once again, some people weren't sure if they should or could eat or not. They recommended sandwiches on time and soup another. That would keep it simple and perhaps easier to deal with the leftovers.
During the time I would have been stressing about food, we were able to have a presidency meeting and get a lot accomplished in planning for our next event.
The meetings were great. We had new converts speak and new temple goers talk. And we talked again about hastening the work. The general authority spoke about conversion and how that is different from having a testimony. He said that a testimony was knowing and doing. When you are converted you are changed and become more Christ-like. It is not a one-and-done thing, but an ongoing process.
I had been worried about the forecast of snow for the weekend. Tom was kind enough to accommodate me and drive the 4-wheel drive truck. We just had a little sleet and freezing rain Saturday evening. Sunday nothing-- until we were close to home. Then we got some light freezing rain. It was warm enough, it didn't stick. But now-- about 4:30, the snow has been falling long enough to coat the ground.
We still plan on driving to Springdale to look at houses for Deborah and Ian on Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment