This was a good week. The weather is cooling off, the garden is winding down. The house we've been working on is rented... but not finished.
Let me explain. We've finished with the inside, but the garage needs some trim painted, and I thought since the extension to the pump house was tacky and leaked, it needed to be taken down. At this point, I probably would have left it. But diligent Tom was determined he could dismantle it.
He got the metal roof off. (Don't ask me why it was leaking with a metal roof. Maybe because of the thousands of nails holding it on.) He closed off the doorway into the addition and put a window into that new wall. Then he took the siding off the addition. Only 4 support posts remained. I came over and helped him by pulling one support out with a chain and pick-up truck. He whacked at the others with a sledge hammer and thunk.... the roof fell down, except on the edge of the pump house. He got all that cleaned up. He just has the plank floor to finish taking up.
On October 1st the tenant moved in. She's made the place look very cute. One drawback. When they came to fill the propane tank, they found a leak. Tom worked to fix it... but I still smelled propane. He called a plumber to come out. Apparently when he put some trim on the floor, it punctured the line. oops. But I'm glad they found the problem. They will come out again this Wednesday to fill the tank. I hope all the leaks are cleared up!
It seems the more I try to focus, the more fragmented I become. I'm trying to finish up all the last details of the book-- figuring out how to get in on Amazon and how to get an e-book and ISBN numbers for that. It's time to work on my HVAC newsletter. In preparation for AWAI Bootcamp, there are spec assignments that come out. Some have due dates early in October. Some are after bootcamp. I tried to get some done early.
I'm also going to Product Launch Live the week before Bootcamp. I want to create a new website for that and am keeping up with all the Facebook traffic so I might know who to connect with when I get there. I just realized all that traffic is cluttering up my timeline. So sorry for anyone else if they see all that stuff. I'm really not sure if they do or not.
In my stake calling, I learned I'll need to serve dinner to the people going to leadership training meetings just before the Saturday evening session. This time, I'm smarter. After discussing with my counselors, we decided to ask the wards to help out. I feel a bit of guilt for not doing it all on my own. But a friend commented that my strengths were in helping the sisters grow spiritually. I should get help from those who are blessed with talents in the meal and decorating areas. So I am.
Wednesday I went to family history again and enjoyed the work. Thursday Tom and I left early for Branson. He'd been working so hard, I just wanted to give him a break. We went to Silver Dollar City in the morning. It rained a bit while we were there, We saw a wild west show, listened to the mustang trainer talk and heard a cowboy poet. We wandered through the barn with many talented western artists and bought a cowboy humor book. We also looked through the craft stalls.
The rain stopped for the outdoor stunt show, but started sprinkling as soon as it was over. When it began seriously rumbling, we headed for the car. By the time we checked into the timeshare, the roads were rivers of water. Do you know you can get drenched in just 20 feet of running to shelter?
We were cursed or blessed with spotty internet. So we watched movies and read. We went to breakfast/brunch with the Darracqs who had just returned from their mission in England. We had a lovely time learning about their time there. And they directed us to a great breakfast place-- Bobby Gails. It was so crowded we had to wait both to park and to eat. But the food was fabulous!
We did make our traditional pilgrimage to Andy's frozen custard. I did some work the rest of the day while Tom read, napped, and watched movies. We left early Saturday morning in order to be home in time for General Conference. We made a quick stop at Aldis and got home with a few minutes to spare.
Had great conference talks on Saturday. Tom went to church for the afternoon and evening sessions. And offered ice cream sundaes for the men who showed up. He went into church for Sunday's sessions as well. I stayed home. I invited Ernie over and he came to both sessions.
I tried a crockpot recipe for a kind of cafe rio chicken and served it on tostitos. IT was very tasty. There was a sister who came to conference that needed a place to stay-- daughter of a ward member. So she came to dinner and will sleep downstairs. There's also a traveling nurse from Pea Ridge, AR who will be working at the hospital one week on and one week off for the next few months that needs a place to sleep for the weeks he's here. We just learned about that, so he'll stay here the first week.
I'll leave Thursday for PLF Live and then go on to AWAI Bootcamp and get back to Arkansas on the night of the 18th. So you may... or may not get a post next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment