Much of this week has been taken up getting this book ready to go to print. I had gotten quotes from two book designers. Becky (the client) needed to choose one. I liked the more expensive one. I thought she'd do a better job, and I was pleased when Becky chose her.
She came up with a timeline, and it's tight. Finished Beth's revisions. I figured out how to get every illustration in graytones instead of color. But I was still waiting for Becky's last few facts. I know she's REALLY busy. But still. I NEED stuff. Finally I sent the book to Catherine to copyedit. I told her I might be sending changes while she copyedited. She was able to incorporate most all of them.
So I sent the manuscript to Becky to read and approve one last time. There are still xx's where there should be some numbers. I told her the manuscript would go to the book designer and be printed in the form she approved. So I hope she can find time to actually read the book one more time. I don't want her saying, "Wait! You can't call a policy an account! It's not an account, it's a policy." We did get that one corrected, but are there other errors?
We worked on the house some this week. I learned that when you wash the hardwood floors they actually look pretty nice. We also learned that when you try to put crown molding on walls and ceilings that are uneven and curved it can be a great exercise in frustration! A single mom from church will be moving into Deborah's house in Cotter. It needs some work to become HUD approved. So Wednesday we went to see all that needed doing. Some of the paint has worn off the aluminum siding. Since every surface needs paint, we'll have to do that. I suggested Ray Coleman and his amazing paint sprayer. Actually, it's Ray that's amazing. He really does good work. Tom will power wash and help with the taping off.
There are also some electrical things that need to be in conduit,screens to install, and a door to change out. Tom will shift focus on Monday and start on Deborah's house. We hope to get it done before the inspector comes out.
Wednesday I drove to West Plains for a Relief Society meeting. We are planning our fall conference. Each time we meet we get a lot accomplished, but there's more to do. And the time keeps getting shorter! It seemed like it was two months away. Now it's getting close to one month. Gaak!
Thursday morning I went to a fair meeting. I volunteered to help out with this year's fair. I will be taking entries for the photography area. So I learned what was expected at this meeting. Lots of nice people. And I do love the fair.
Right after the meeting, Tom and I left to go to the St. Louis Temple. We arrived in time to do an evening session. Remarkably, Five Guys AND Trader Joe's were on the way to our hotel. How great is that? So we dined and shopped after the session. We went back to the temple for two more sessions, then arrived back in Mountain Home about 7pm.
Today I had a huge list of things to accomplish. I picked a bunch of beans and cucumbers. I thought about freezing the beans... but decided to give them away instead. Tom will take them to church tomorrow. Tom worked around the house. I looked outside to see him mowing the pasture with several little girls sitting in the bucket on the front. It looked so cute. He said he mowed past a momma and baby deer-- maybe 100 feet away-- and they hardly moved.
I will be going to the Ava ward for their ward conference. I prepared some training and a short talk to give. After church we will visit some sisters and then have stake council. I scheduled a RS president phone conference for 8pm that night. So I figured I'd better get all my blogging and missionary writing done today.
No comments:
Post a Comment