Sunday, June 8, 2014

Life Goes On

Some weeks it seems like we don’t do a lot.  But I’ll share what I know.

We put in an offer for a house while we were visiting with Mom.  They countered.  We countered and gave our final and best.  We’re still waiting.  On Monday it will be a week.  But the good news is that they are considering it or it wouldn’t take this long.

I read that interval training was as good or better than just walking or running.  So I decided I could do 12 minutes of interval training.  The goal is to run all out until you can’t.  Then walk until you catch your breath and do it again. And again, for 12 minutes.  How hard could that be?

Hard!  It wasn’t the running and walking part.  It was the sore muscles afterward part.  I really felt like an old lady.  Each getting up was accompanied with grunts and groans. Every movement started out a slow hobble.  But in a warped way, the running and exercise feels good.  I hope to eventually move beyond the groan stage.

After the exercising, I’ve moved to the garden to spend an hour or so weeding and picking.  Sometimes it’s picking sugar snap peas or broccoli.  It’s also picking potato bugs and broccoli worms. They be NASTY!  And they are definitely trying to multiply and replenish the earth… at the expense of my vegetables. Any suggestions for natural pesticides?

My jobs have slowed, so I’ve been a bit more focused on marketing.  I’m moving my www.writing4income.com site to be more HVAC newsletter oriented.  It’s a process.  In changing the theme and the words, it’s currently pretty bland.  But I’m working on it.  I also applied for some jobs on Elance and have an interview on Tuesday.  Several of the women from Clayton’s workshop have stayed a bit connected and we had a follow-up phone call on Friday.  It’s nice to be in a group of women who are at or ahead of my writing career.

Tom had been running in preparation for the Gassville In The Park 5K race.  He got two of the young women in the ward to run with him.  We’d had some buffeting rain and storms on Thursday and Friday, but Saturday dawned clear.  They all ran well.  Tom placed first in his age group.  The younger teen placed first in her age group. And the other teen won fastest woman!  So it was a clean sweep.

I wandered around the booths that were getting set up.  I bought some soap and visited with my friend Marian the potter.  Then Tom brought the youth home and they helped him get the fence up along the back property line.  It turns out the fencing we bought is short.  We’ll have to get more.  They unrolled 200 feet of fencing through the brush!  They were hot and sweaty when they finished.


Today we had rain again.  Church was good.  I was asked on Friday evening to teach the Relief Society Class and did.  It was a good class and I think the lesson went well.  Tom had BYD  here with the teenagers, then went home teaching.  We had a chance to call and visit with some of the kids tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment