This was a fun week. After Silver Dollar City on Friday, Miranda, Dan and family came to our house. We celebrated Easter here. Had a good church, and invited Barb over for dinner. Dan took our car and went back home Sunday evening. Miranda and kids stayed.
We hung out Monday, did laundry and packed. I tried to get as much work done as I could. Tuesday we left about 8:45 and drove to Andy and Kera's house in Mississippi. We crowed into Miranda's car and actually the trip with quite well. Her kids were great.
Rebecca and her kids were already there. Ah, we had such a good time! Kera is such a great hostess. Everybody pitched in with food.
The kids played well together. There were six kids jumping on the trampoline at once and six or seven playing with the little train set. Then they'd break off into Lego groups or barbie doll groups. Little Alex learned to crawl and by the end of the week, he was moving around pretty well.
Miranda, Rebecca and Kera went thrift store shopping on Wednesday and Thursday. I couldn't go because I had business calls both days at that time. But when Dan came, he and I and Rebecca went thrift store shopping on Friday. By then, Rebecca was on first name basis with all the store clerks!
Tom worked on some honey-do projects for Kera and on Nathan's car. He helped Nathan see the value of car maintenance. Friday afternoon Nathan, Aaron and Andy went on a camp out.
Saturday morning we got up bright and early. Tom, Miranda, Dan, Rebecca, and Katie went to the Warrior Dash race. I had thought about going to take pictures and cheer, but ultimately decided it was better to stay with Kera and watch kids. (I'd planned on taking a few with me,) It turned out to be a good decision. There wasn't a good place to take pictures, and actually getting from parking to the race place was arduous.
But Dan got some good pictures. Rebecca did too... until she lost her camera in the mud.
I packed up and worked on my Sunday lesson and watched kids. When they returned victorious, Tom showered all the mud off and packed the car. Then we made the trek home... with a brief stop at the commissary. We got home about 9pm, unpacked, and hit the hay.
I was up at 5am to get ready for the drive to Mountain View. They were having their ward conference today. Mapquest said it would take 1 hr and 53 minutes. And the weather was predicting storms. So I tried to leave by 6:15 (got out by 6:30) for our 8:30 meeting. The GPS said it was only 1 hr and 35 minutes. They were right. But it was nice to have the extra time to chat with friends.
Again we had presidency training from 8:40-9:30. Then meetings from 10-1. I taught in Relief Society. After that the RS president and I went to visit two sisters. We had great meetings and good messages from the bishop and the stake president. They announced a change in the ward boundaries at the beginning of the meeting. That caused lots of tears at the thought of being separated. I hope they can see it as growth.
The predicted thunderstorms moved in while we were visiting and I had intermittent rain as I traveled home. I got home a little before 5pm. We've had sun, showers, thunderstorms, and hail since I've been home. The weather seems to change every five minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment