This has been a lovely week.
The weather is warmer and the flowers think it’s spring. Daffodils are
blooming and hyacinth are up as well.
The roses are leafing out and the trees are budding. Our last frost free day is still a month
away. So I hope they all can take chilly weather.
Work continues okay.
I have been doing jobs here and there. The financial sales page I’d been
working on came to a stop. They are not
hiring right now. Perhaps in July. I’ve also been doing some training. I decided to focus on alternative investing,
so I have been reaching out to some people and websites in that area.
We also decided to look into our own alternative investing
to see what to do with money from the St. Louis
property sale. And part of that involved looking into Infinite Banking or
investing in the Bank of You. So I’ve
called a bunch of people. As they call me back, I’ve got to figure out who they
are in the scheme of who-all I’ve called.
Makes life interesting.
One of our rental houses needed a new roof. So Tom got with
a roofing friend of ours and they did it together. It’s a metal roof. While they had a little trouble with wind and
it was a bit cold, fortunately it didn’t rain the days they worked.
Thursday Tom and I went to the Kansas
City temple with a group from church. We rode up in the van. Left at 4:30 am and got back home about 9pm .
Fortunately I was able to sleep in the van a little. It was great going
to the temple. It’s such an uplifting
experience.
I’ve put in some intensive time working on the Stake
Cookbook. It’s not enough. I’ve been working with a lame pusdo Word 10 program on my new computer. “Word Sample” or
some such thing. And it lacks lots of
bells and whistles that make life simple.
I’m not able to open some documents and I wonder if that’s the
problem. I had planned on ordering
Microsoft Office 10… and finally bit the bullet and did it. I hope that might
streamline the process.
Our chicks will arrive the end of the month. To prepare for
their arrival we are creating the Fox version of the Taj-mah-cluck. It is an 8' by 8' shed and
another 8x8 of fenced area—tall enough to walk into. I wanted cement board
rather than cheap looking OSB or water soluble Masonite siding. So it will be heavy as ..well cement, and
hopefully impervious to predators.
Tom got the materials and started to work on it Friday and Saturday.
He also did a lovely job tilling the
garden—ours and the neighbor’s.
Friday night we went to see the new Jack, the Giant Slayer
movie—based on Jack and the Bean Stalk.
It was good, I thought. Suitably
grumpy giants—and they threw in a princess, a villain, and a happy ever after. After we went and bought some lettuce,
broccoli and brussel sprouts plants as well as seed potatoes and onion starts.
Saturday I raked the garden smooth and planted seed
potatoes, onions, lettuce, spinach, broccoli, brussel sprouts, and peas. They spoke of rain later on and I wanted to
get the garden in. Later I helped Tom a
little with the chicken mansion. My
little seeds I planted indoors last week are up and growing… mostly. It’s so fun to see them a sprout one at a
time.
It started raining last night—steady and deliberate and by
Sunday afternoon we had nearly two inches of rain in the gage.
Since last Sunday was Stake Conference, we had fast Sunday today.
I think my teacher development class went well, even though I could not play a
short video clip I wanted to. On the way
home, I passed a flock of wild turkeys.
They really are pretty birds, and big.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment