I stayed home with the goal of sending off the last of my
MyChoice401k web pages and auto responders. I did manage to get all the pages
reviewed and sent off. It felt good to have it finished. I should do some work on my www.TeenStyleU.com site, but I probably
will not do as much as I should. These
next weeks are family weeks.
Tuesday Deborah and Ian and family arrived. They are such cute kids. Of course, the noise level in the house
increased and the pandemonium and the joy of play. Kids zipped down the zipline. Played in the
water. Ran around in the little car. Carried
buckets of water to water the trees. And
they played with the dog, walked the dog, petted the dog, dragged the dog off
on walks when he would rather have been resting. All in all a good time was had by all.
The kids loved the chickens. Miranda typically kept a good eye on Camden. This is what happens when Miranda gets in the shower and asks us to keep an eye on him.
I think Wednesday we went to Cranfield "beach" and played in the lake. The kids had a really good time. We tried
to get laundry done and packing. Mostly we got packed by Thursday night. Friday
was the last of the odds and ends.
Trying to get four cars packed and 12 kids loaded and all the food
necessary with shopping lists and all--- AKKK!
We stopped by Deborah’s house so she could check it out. Then we drove to Harrison and stopped at Aldes with a shopping list. Here was the stressor. We needed to get to Branson and get checked in by 4 so Tom and I could drive to girls’ camp and get there by 5pm. That meant we had to get the shopping done quickly. We got 98% of what we needed and got to Branson by 3:30.
Our unit was ready, but it took some time to get checked in. Rebecca’s unit wasn’t ready yet. Nor was Deborah and Ian’s so they all piled into our unit. We tossed food and belongings into it and left Miranda and Rebecca to sort it out. We arrived at girl’s camp at 5:30 which was in plenty of time. I think they ran late the whole week. They had an Olympic theme with different years being from different “countries.” Apparently they had fantastic food from all over the world—including homemade fortune cookies with scriptures and great quotes inside them!
We watched the skits and the Bishop’s Olympics what included
flip-flop toss and a hula hoop toss. Tom
made it to the second round. Then
President Chandler spoke and we broke into wards for the bishops to talk and
testimony meetings. We left about 11:30 and made good time back to
Branson. We got in a little after
12. Jonathan and Kristy arrived from
Iowa before we got back to Branson.
Andy and Kera and family came on Saturday. The kids had a great time at the pool and play ground. They ran from condo to condo popping into units with clamor and enthusiasm. Game playing takes place after the kids are in bed for the adults—Five Crowns, Wacky Six’s. Then there is much shrieking and hilarity from the adults. Stories are told of childhood or other events.
Sunday we needed to be ready to change rooms. We moved to a lock-off which gives us more
room. It’s just that we’d be at church
when it was time to move. So we had to
have everything packed and located in the Kitchen. I moved all the food for dinner over to
Rebecca’s. That thinned out the frig a
bit and Tom was able to pack all the rest of the food into bags and
coolers.
They did move us while we were at church. Adam and Savannah and family arrived in the
early afternoon. As soon as we came back
from church we all pitched in. To
unloaded and unpacked in our room.
Kristy, Rebecca and I worked on chopping for Taco Salad. We all met in the pavilion to eat. It just seems quieter when we are
outside. Must be the sound has more
places to go. The kids have been good
and seem to be having fun.
I had a seminary meeting tonight at 6pm at the Branson ward
meeting house. It was a productive meeting. However, it’s been a long day! I will finish this and go to bed. The wild wacky six players are slowing down a
bit, too, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment